Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Here's a statement that came up after a search:
    YES! I want to learn how!

That is just too funny!
    May the force be with you.

This wasn't on Amazon (maybe it was Danube ), but in looking for new Vintage 2011 SW figs (specifically the Echo Soldier), this was the category tree for it (once I clicked on the auction):

Toys & Hobbies >
    Action Figures >
    Transformers & Robots >
    Transformers >
    Marvel Crossovers

Yeah. That makes perfect sense.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I had a "personal" recommendation from a site, addressed to %% FIRSTNAME %%. Yes! That's me! I have a fir$t name, too! $ell me $omething now!

I had a local deals email the other day, a combo deal: gourmet popcorn at a sale price, and a 4-night trip to Cabo.

While not from Amazon, I got an email from a rewards program to a store at which I seldom shop for more than $20 total in a year:
    Quote Originally Posted by Really? This needed an update?
    You will receive your Rewards Certificate after the end of the Rewards period if you earn $10 or more.
    There is still time to add to your Rewards amount.
    Here is your Rewards status as of
    January 09, 2013
    Reward Amount $0
    Reward Period 1/1/13 - 3/31/13

Barnes & Noble stores, when you buy in their "stores" (like a website, if they built walls and a roof around the search bar and links, or shopping cart and checkout screens) they print out "You May Also Like..." receipts. I got these recommendations:
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #7: Conviction by Aaron Allston
    Apocalypse: Star Wars (Fate of the Jedi) by Troy Denning
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #9: Apocalypse by Troy Denning
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #6: Vortex by Troy Denning
    Star Wars The Old Republic #2: Deceived by Paul S. Kemp

Nice that they want me to buy the same book, with a slightly different order to the title, and if their systems had any tracking like everything else seems to these days, they'd know that I already bought all of those books, FROM THAT SAME STORE, including FOTJ #9 Apocalypse THE PREVIOUS WEEK. You're welcome!

Again, not from Amazon but another online survey, they had the following click-in-the-box choice:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Wide Web stuff
    For quality control purposes, please select the number 4 below.
    And I was sooooo tempted to click a different number. But I conformed.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Speaking of which, do you guys remember the time Amazon got themselves in deep **** when they listed movies about Martin Luther King and Malcolm X under the recommendations list for the "Planet of the Apes" DVD?
    No, no I do not.

A certain online website (yeah, you heard me ) keeps asking me if I am still interested in buying two specific items... that I already bought FROM THAT WEBSITE. No, I do not want to buy a second one of the exact same thing. You're welcome. It was funny and odd the first 2-3 times it came up; now it's just sad.