Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Here's a statement that came up after a search:
    YES! I want to learn how!

That is just too funny!
    May the force be with you.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    This wasn't on Amazon (maybe it was Danube ), but in looking for new Vintage 2011 SW figs (specifically the Echo Soldier), this was the category tree for it (once I clicked on the auction):

Toys & Hobbies >
    Action Figures >
    Transformers & Robots >
    Transformers >
    Marvel Crossovers

Yeah. That makes perfect sense.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

I had a "personal" recommendation from a site, addressed to %% FIRSTNAME %%. Yes! That's me! I have a fir$t name, too! $ell me $omething now!
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

I had a local deals email the other day, a combo deal: gourmet popcorn at a sale price, and a 4-night trip to Cabo.

While not from Amazon, I got an email from a rewards program to a store at which I seldom shop for more than $20 total in a year:
    Quote Originally Posted by Really? This needed an update?
    You will receive your Rewards Certificate after the end of the Rewards period if you earn $10 or more.
    There is still time to add to your Rewards amount.
    Here is your Rewards status as of
    January 09, 2013
    Reward Amount $0
    Reward Period 1/1/13 - 3/31/13

Barnes & Noble stores, when you buy in their "stores" (like a website, if they built walls and a roof around the search bar and links, or shopping cart and checkout screens) they print out "You May Also Like..." receipts. I got these recommendations:
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #7: Conviction by Aaron Allston
    Apocalypse: Star Wars (Fate of the Jedi) by Troy Denning
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #9: Apocalypse by Troy Denning
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #6: Vortex by Troy Denning
    Star Wars The Old Republic #2: Deceived by Paul S. Kemp

Nice that they want me to buy the same book, with a slightly different order to the title, and if their systems had any tracking like everything else seems to these days, they'd know that I already bought all of those books, FROM THAT SAME STORE, including FOTJ #9 Apocalypse THE PREVIOUS WEEK. You're welcome!

Again, not from Amazon but another online survey, they had the following click-in-the-box choice:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Wide Web stuff
    For quality control purposes, please select the number 4 below.
    And I was sooooo tempted to click a different number. But I conformed.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Speaking of which, do you guys remember the time Amazon got themselves in deep **** when they listed movies about Martin Luther King and Malcolm X under the recommendations list for the "Planet of the Apes" DVD?
    No, no I do not.

A certain online website (yeah, you heard me ) keeps asking me if I am still interested in buying two specific items... that I already bought FROM THAT WEBSITE. No, I do not want to buy a second one of the exact same thing. You're welcome. It was funny and odd the first 2-3 times it came up; now it's just sad.

On a certain social media site, I was recommended to "like" its founder because five others I know have done so. That's so bandwagon-y...