Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you help a Star Wars dad out?

My son is 5 and really wants this ship. There are multiple types for sale on eBay. Which one is the coolest? Thanks for your help!

Also, have you all heard if Hasbro is going to remake Anakin's blue Starfighter shown in Cartoon #2?

Where's the best place to buy older(last 10 years) Star Wars stuff? I do most of my shopping on eBay, but it's pricey.

At least he's not wanting vintage Legos. ;-D

Thank you very much!

Thanks!

"This" ship, which ship do you mean? Do you know the name? (p.s. according to my nephew the coolest ship is the Jedi starfighter from Episode III, they come in several different colors for different characters and he wants them all. They're pretty easy to get at Target, Toys r us etc. For older stuff maybe try Entertainment Earth.com? maybe somebody knows more than I)

Also, have you all heard if Hasbro is going to remake Anakin's blue Starfighter shown in Cartoon #2?
    They're going to be rereleasing the old one.

best x-wing

Not only am i a Star Wars dad, I'm a sleepy mistake ridden Dad. Which is the best X-Wing?

I re-read this email so I wouldn't be an idiot.....again

Thanks for your help!

For a kid, I'd definitely recommend the Power FX X-Wing. A lot of adults don't like it since the Luke and Artoo are non-removeable, but it's in the proper scale and has a lot of cool electronic sound effects.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, tough call. I really love the powerFX X-wing like El Chuxter says, but for a kid I would probably go with the version that can hold a figure and doesn't make noises or require batteries. The 2006 Dagobah X-wing is pretty cool.

The Power FX X-wing usually goes for about $20 on ebay, and represents an awesome deal.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Plus, the Power FX X-wing requires putting on like 50 stickers, it's insane.

The current X-wing is a little big for a 5-year-old I suspect, but if you want to check it out, I've seen the most recent repaint at Toys R Us recently even though it's almost 2 years old (it's exclusive to them, has the X-wing, Luke, and the dragonsnake all in a big window diorama box).

The older X-wing, which was re-released in 2004, is much more reasonably sized and priced for a younger child, but it's not all that accurate to discerning tastes, and this version has no electronics. It wasn't particularly popular so not a lot were made this time, but the stickers were all pre-applied which is a joy.

I didn't even know about this one, but this looks like a really good find if you can get it for an OK price: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200211652154
    I say that because the only other one is an ebay store entry for 200 ridiculous dollars. And the single old-version OTC X-wing is like $40/$50 now, which is psycho.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Or you could go retro with a vintage X-Wing. My fave is the gray battle-damaged one. But I don't know if today's 5-year olds are into nostalgia like they used to be... :driftsaway:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Thank you all very much!

Thank you all very much! I will let you know which one we go with! This is the info I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I didn't even know about this one, but this looks like a really good find if you can get it for an OK price: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200211652154
    I say that because the only other one is an ebay store entry for 200 ridiculous dollars. And the single old-version OTC X-wing is like $40/$50 now, which is psycho.
    Well, if you're gonna go old-school small, you can get a gently used 95 POTF2 fighter, stickers applied including the box and inserts for around $20. That's what mine went for around xmas last year!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car