Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was I in a coma?

Seriously, was I? Where is the forum I visited a week ago that was screaming bloody murder on Hasbro? Where are the hoards of people who said they were going to quit collecting because of AOTC figures? You saw Toy Fair pictures and all is right with the world? I must have been looking at some different pictures, because they STILL look like the hyper-posed, non-articulated pieces of junk that we were *****ing about for months. Sure, there are a few (and I mean a few) good looking figures, but most of them are not good at all. And, the ones that ARE really good aren't even from AOTC. They're from the Classic Trilogy. I've come to expect certain things from the Star Wars collection, and frankly, my expectations are being missed by miles. I can't possibly be the only one who still isn't miraculously awed by these things, can I? Judging from the look of things, I must be.
    Crack a Window, will ya?? HaHa!

Why have so many people stopped complaining other then a few people. It's due to the same things that happen when someone suffers a life changing experience in their lives. It's called the four stages:

Stage 1: Disbelief
    Disbelief that Hasbro would change the line that so many of us love and support with way more money then is really healthy sometimes. Usually associated with comments like: "How could they, they must be fakes, Hasbro wouldn't change them."

Stage 2: Anger/Grief
    Upon sight of the first official shots, as well as those that made their way around ebay and were posted all over, anger and greif takes over. People are furious, calling Hasbro idiots and vowing to sell everything and stop collecting over the new toys. This stage is associated with comments like: "Those suck, I quit collecting, screw Hasbro!"

Stage 3: Acceptance
    We see more and more and for some, acceptance that a fresh prespective in the line is a good idea. After all, not everything will be action posed. And the Jedi's that are if they have not action scenes in the movie will probably get re-sculpted. This stage is associated with comments like: "Hmm, now that I see more of these I am starting to like alot of them."

Stage 4: Joy
    We see Toy Fair roll out, and suddenly we start seeing that we will be getting neutral non-action poses as well as pre-posed charecters. Suddenly joy starts breaking out thru the more open minded collectors. Some are still stuck in one of the earlier stages, but most are happy with seeing the new figures. This stage is associated with comments like: "Wow, I thought I wasn't going to like the new figures, but most of them are pretty cool!"

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

No, that's called roll over and make kissy faces at the company that rapes your mind!

Obehave, I'm definately still an unhappy puppy. JarJarBinks can shout as loud as he wants and post as many pics over and over and post endless lists of stuff we know already but it still won't make this look any better, it won't make the crud seem good.

Being sold short isn't something I'm ever going to be happy about. Too bad JarJarBinks can't see the wood for the trees.

I still don't like the fact they're under-articulated (although some have a 1-2 articulation points we couldn't see), pre-posed and some very badly sculpted (Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan) but some are ok, and plus JJB got me used to'em, I still don't like alot of the ideas like the force stuff, the gimmicks, the enegry blasts and they annoy me, but instead of concentrating on complaining about those I'm concentrating on the stuff I do like from the line like the Gunship and stuff.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I still think these are pretty poor...

I will NEVER get used to the idea of upper body only articulation! That is just terrible! These look like Anime versions of Star Wars characters. I will definitely be waiting for the static posed sculpts of the JEDI. If they ever arrive... that is.

"I Will not defer. I demand Hasbro stop this attack on our beloved STAR WARS line now!"
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I saw cool stuff from Toy Fair that I didn't know was coming. I still don't like all of the AOTC figures, but I really like all the OT we're getting.

I don't like the non-movable leg figures, or the gimmick figures, but I do like other AOTC figures.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I was intially disgusted with the first round of E2 pics we saw. I still do not like the pre-posing. Some of the figures like preview Jango, deluxe Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Anakin look like crap because of their ridiculos poses that at best can be described as zany or goofy and at worst total $%*!. The majority of the figures at TOyfair however, look great insofar as their sculpting and detailed accesories go. The Jedi and some other characters are unfortunately pre-posed, but at least their pre-posing makes sense and looks cool (unlike ANakin, preview Jango, Doku etc). I'd rather the figures not be pre-posed at all, but I'm happy that at least most of the figures are in good poses, if they are going to come posed.

1 Figure thats all I liked...........Djas Puhr...... the rest well... as HAn Solo would say."Ill see you in hell" before I buy these

'Atta boy!

I like a couple more than you do, but I am not giving in to the ludicrous poses. Sure the poses are great... FOR ONE SCENE!!!! What about all the others? I really don't want Luminara Unduli doing her best Stevie Nick impersonation with "come hither" fingers. Pah!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    No, that's called roll over and make kissy faces at the company that rapes your mind!

Obehave, I'm definately still an unhappy puppy. JarJarBinks can shout as loud as he wants and post as many pics over and over and post endless lists of stuff we know already but it still won't make this look any better, it won't make the crud seem good.

Being sold short isn't something I'm ever going to be happy about. Too bad JarJarBinks can't see the wood for the trees.
    Actually it's called an opinion. Kinda like your opinion is to have colors on your signature while my opinion is to leave it to the ordiniary black on my signature.

I still think the majority of the figures suck, and I'm gonna get them all, and if you looked closely you might see a few good figures in the mix. I don't like the pre-poses, I don't like the fact that my Clone troopers can't do 101 poses, I don't like the gimmicks, and I most certainely do not like that lame Padme but in no way would I EVER bash someone just because they have a seperate opinion on these toys than me.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"