Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 48

Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on April 11th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 47 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions; to ActionFigs.com's questions; and from other sites. The questions we asked last round can be found here.

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

1. - Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
    2. - Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
    3. - The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
    4. - What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
    5. - In the Galactic Heroes line we have gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures, and now several new vehicles and beasts. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
    6. - Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
    7. - A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
    8. - With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to late August, will early TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
    9. - 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
    10. - The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
    11. - After six years, you've finally made a highly articulated Jango Fett figure that has a great sculpt and lots of articulation. Trouble is, his jumpsuit is a garish shade of lavender that never appears in the film or any EU source, the one in the film was a far more muted, bluish tone. Was this an error or intentional, and if in error, will it be corrected in future shipments?
    12. - Will the Republic Gunship be re-released to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars cartoon? Several are featured in the preview, and some even have new deco.
    13. - Since the second half '08 figures don't seem to come with stands, will the action figure stand packs from HasbroToyShop get new name labels so they can be used with late '07 and late '08 figures who don't have existing stands or labels? Also, will we see a specific "Clone Wars" stand added to the line-up?
    14. - In the Indiana Jones line, what are the odds of seeing the tank from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade made in the action figure scale?
    15. - Might the build-a-droid concept be applied to other build-a-whatever ideas such as build-a-beast or a piece of scenery?
    16. - Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
    17. - With a wave pushed out of this year making way for another repaint wave, does this give Episode I fans a chance to buy some figures in 2008? There's the oft-requested Holographic Nute Gunray, or perhaps a different color variation to the Post-OTC Queen's Handmaiden (Rabe) figure. This could compliment nicely next year's Ep 1 wave that you've already confirmed, so, what do you say?
    18. - At Toy Fair in both New York and now Australia, from the Padme Amidala Legacy Evolutions set, the Revenge of the Sith Padme figure is shown without her japor-snippet necklace that she wore in the film with this costume, Anakin even makes a point of it in the movie, making it a fairly integeral aspect to this character and an odd item not to include. Will this be a separate accessory included with the final product?
    19. - C-3PO's presence in the saga is constant, he speaks the first and last lines, he facilitates the most important deeds, and while fussy his actions helped lead the Rebellion to victory, all while remaining one of the most recognizable cultural Star Wars touchstones, so surely he's an important enough character. That said, C-3PO figures have seemed a bit held back by the insistence on using a vacuum-metalized finish which limits articulation and fine detail. This despite the fact that 3PO's shiny, clean finish is rarely seen in the films. Is there some way we could get a super-articulated C-3PO figure sporting a shiny but not vac-metalized gold paint finish, while avoiding the dull look of the Saga Ultra C-3PO?
    20. - The 3" action figure system has always straddled the toy market - on the one hand it's small enough that kids can have plenty of toys in the system without taking up a lot of space, while on the other it's not as big as many popular action figure scales out there so it's seen as "less product". With yet another round of price increases, this scale seems to be heading for a bit of a quandary: how does a $7.99 Star Wars or Indiana Jones figure in this scale compete with a similarly-priced 5" or 6" figure that sports as much detail and articulation and is perceived as being "more toy for the money". Pack-ins can only take it so far - although obviously you are gambling on the Build-A-Figure concept to take it an extra buck farther - so the question becomes, is there any concern that the eight-dollar Star Wars basic figure will be the pricepoint the brand or the scale itself cannot breach, especially in a sagging toy industry fraught with market-erosion from both video games and the internet, all while during an economic recession? Is there any concern with this price increase over the potential loss of collectors, both hardcore and casual (including kids) alike? You say the majority of your cost concerns are found in new tooling, and the greatest hits-style lines have been selling extremely well for you the past few years, yet the greatest hits-style lines like Saga Legends have no significant tooling costs to worry about beyond routine maintenance since it is all re-releases (aside from the pit droid anomalies). In the past we've asked about why the Saga Legends line shouldn't be a cheaper MSRP in relation to the main line and the answer was to support the system, but shouldn't the recent increased income from the high-selling line of purely existing tools help defray the costs and thus help lower pricing on the main line?
    21. - What are the chances we could get a Comic Pack set of Siri Tachi in "Zora" disguise and Obi-Wan in "Bakleeda" disguise from Jedi Quest? It gets you a new character and a core character which helps sell it, but in a new look which adds action figure credibility and is spawned right from the series.

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

So you folks know, I did cut some older questions that hadn't been getting much attention lately. They can be resubmitted if you so wish, but whether or not they make it will be taken on a case-by-case basis, and it'd help to have ideas on how to make it more likely to get asked.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here, I'll repost my question in case you decide to add it.

Although Hasbro has made it's lack of enthusiasm for the Cruisemissile Trooper clear in past Q&A's, back in it's day it was a good toy that basically served it's purpose in the line well. In that light, would Hasbro ever consider updating this vehicle so it would fit the aesthetics of the modern line? Perhaps the original design could be expanded on and resized to fit into the current vehicle line. Or maybe it could even be downsized slightly to better fit in a battle pack or deluxe line of some sort. With an exclusive removeable pilot and more kid-friendly action features this could be another great vehicle to revisit down the road!

I was wondering the same thing about their probable answer: "if it doesn't have significant animation support it won't be likely". That sort of thing, but then I thought about all the "Hasbro expanded universe" stuff that they've done like the Vader's Jedi Starfighter and multiple non-movie clone trooper designs, and thought that even if it wouln't be plausible in the immediate future it would be something they could look into down the road. Perhaps they could even downsize it so it would better fit in a battle pack or deluxe pack of some sort. (I've added that part to the question). Like I said, it's basically just a fancy-pants imperial hang glider with guns and jets. And I think it's cool!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

15, 13, 4,
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

7, 8, 12, 11, 13, 15
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

10, 11, 12, and 13
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

# 4 and

Write in,
    With the revelation that there will be repaint wave in store for 2008, does that give us E1 fans a chance? Perhaps this is a chance for the canceled but often requested Holo-Nute Gunray, or even a different color variation of the POTC Handmaiden?
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Questions 16-17 added.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    Here, I'll repost my question in case you decide to add it.

Although Hasbro has made it's lack of enthusiasm for the Cruisemissile Trooper clear in past Q&A's, back in it's day it was a good toy that basically served it's purpose in the line well. In that light, would Hasbro ever consider updating this vehicle so it would fit the aesthetics of the modern line? Perhaps the original design could be expanded on and resized to fit into the current vehicle line. Or maybe it could even be downsized slightly to better fit in a battle pack or deluxe line of some sort. With an exclusive removeable pilot and more kid-friendly action features this could be another great vehicle to revisit down the road!
    I'll put it up in a trial basis, but I won't use the part about it being a good toy or Hasbro's opinion of it - they love to eat that stuff alive: nothing like 2 paragraphs explaining how Hasbro's opinion isn't that simple followed by a "no" or just ignoring the crux of the question altogether.

Vote counted.

I was wondering the same thing about their probable answer: "if it doesn't have significant animation support it won't be likely". That sort of thing, but then I thought about all the "Hasbro expanded universe" stuff that they've done like the Vader's Jedi Starfighter and multiple non-movie clone trooper designs, and thought that even if it wouln't be plausible in the immediate future it would be something they could look into down the road. Perhaps they could even downsize it so it would better fit in a battle pack or deluxe pack of some sort. (I've added that part to the question). Like I said, it's basically just a fancy-pants imperial hang glider with guns and jets. And I think it's cool!
    The Vader JSF vehicle is a repaint though, not a new tool, so it's cheap for them to produce, and has main character cred. The non-movie clones are repaints as well, tooling is where their main concerns are. I thought about deluxe but the reality is that Hasbro doesn't want to do deluxe anymore unfortunately, it has a very poor track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic View Post
    Write in,
    With the revelation that there will be repaint wave in store for 2008, does that give us E1 fans a chance? Perhaps this is a chance for the canceled but often requested Holo-Nute Gunray, or even a different color variation of the POTC Handmaiden?
    Ok, I guess. I punched it up a little to convince them to see it your way.

Vote counted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.