TIVO & OA HD broadcasts- Help!

Here's the deal:

I want to ditch cable service because between network programming and netflix, it is not worth an extra $100/month to watch a few extra sporting events per year. (Although I will miss Robin Meade and her fine arse reading the news to me whilst I drink my morning coffee). :sadface: I have an HD plasma set and am looking to get an antenna to pick up my local HD stations and make due with them.

The big drawback is that I'm addicted to DVRing through the commercials.

Question:

Does anybody have experience with TIVO and over-the-airwaves programming? If so, I would really like to hear about your experience with it.

Maybe Robin will go network. Me love her.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Yes, It can be done with Dish Network. Our receivers allow you to attach and scan a digital OA Ant. You can ten record them to the DVR.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, man, but I'm looking to drop all service and just get the local networks over the airwaves old-school style, as paleolithic as that sounds!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Ok, didnt get that part. I dont know much about TIVO, but I think you can tape OTA with it. I heard Tivo charges a monthly fee though for using their box.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten