Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SA 501st question

Has the SA version of the 501st been released yet? Has anyone seen it? Does anyone know what case assortment it's coming out with?
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Its been out for a little while. I found two at Wal-Mart around 3 weeks ago. People who have ordered off of HTS reported getting it, but you'd be taking your chances there since they are still shipping out both types.

I also found the clean sandtroopers which are supposed to be shipping with the SA 501st.

These have been shipping for a while. I've found them at TRU and Wal Mart. Also the Evolutions Sandtrooper is shipping. These both started showing up about the same time as the new Pit Droids.

I've been seeing these in Wal-Mart for a few weeks now.

I have 12 of these already and could've had 20 if I so desired.

There is one assortment of Saga Legends where they come 3 per case so hopefully you'll find yours soon.

I kept passing up 501st figures thinking they were the other mold. I still wasn't sure when I was looking at the ones I got. The glare on the bubble made it hard to see the shoulder joint. The way the arms were posed made it look like the AT-TE gunner mold. However, it looked like it might be the SA one so I got one and I was right. I got one more since then.

Not only are these plentiful in my area, but they are also on HTS. I ordered 3 from them about 2 weeks ago and got them last friday. I've read, however, that some have received the old Tank Gunner mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I kept passing up 501st figures thinking they were the other mold. I still wasn't sure when I was looking at the ones I got. The glare on the bubble made it hard to see the shoulder joint. The way the arms were posed made it look like the AT-TE gunner mold. However, it looked like it might be the SA one so I got one and I was right. I got one more since then.
    The easiest way, to me, is to look at the midsection. If it's fused together, it's Tank Gunner.

Unfortunately, I ordered 2 from HTS recently and got the Tank Gunner mold.

I seen these around the time the 08 wave 1 started shipping. I have passed on these a lot, though i did snag one clean sand trooper.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Also just turn the card to see underneath the helmet. If there is a flesh colored chin it is the tank gunner mold. The SA version does not have a removable helmet.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."