Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Wedge Antilles his due!!!

So we've had some great Rebel Pilots from you of late, Hasbro... Zev Senesca, Tycho Celchu. Biggs was fine, even if he used an older torso mold.

And yet we do not have a Wedge Antilles figure to match the quality of Zev or Tycho or even Biggs. Wedge is one of the great heroes of the Rebellion, figuring prominently at the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Endor. AND YET he is not even said to be included in your upcoming Rebel Pilots Evolutions set. He is the leader of Rogue Squadron, AND YET he could not be given a place in your Comic Pack last year.

What gives? We last saw Wedge in action figure form in 2004, with the less than stellar treatment he got in the OTC line. We have since seen incredible work done with the Rebel pilot uniform, especially the VTSC Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot figure from 2006. AND YET kids and collectors must needs rely on a 4-year old figure mold (that utilized an even older torso mold!) to give this near-legendary character representation in our collections.

It's time, Hasbro, time to make a great Wedge Antilles figure that honors this character's important place in the Star Wars saga. Please make him, and make him good. I'm sure a lot of us would be all over that.

Denis Lawson is old now. There's bits of him sag in all the wrong ways. I can't get the image out of my head whenever anyone mentions Wedge.... *trails off in despair*

I am all for a non exclusive Wedge figure. I have never gotten one because I didnt want to pay internet exclusive prices.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I am down for Wedge finally getting a decent figure, but this thread title kinda made me think of Chris Crocker's plea to the world to "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So, it's not bad enough that you watched more than three seconds of that stupid video, but you know the guy's name, too?

Do you have Chocolate Rain posters hanging on your wall? Are you stalking the Star Wars Kid? Do you have "What What (In My A*****e)" on your iPod?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Do you have Chocolate Rain posters hanging on your wall?
    Hey, Tay Zonday is a musical genius!

I too would like to see a decent Wedge figure released. We've had three Wedge figures, but one was a pack-in for a carrying case and another was part of a Cinema Scene 3-pack. The only basic carded one was an internet exclusive.

You'll have to forgive Chux, he's got that disease that turns him prematurely into a cranky geezer who doesn't realize the world is passing him by even while he rallies against change, you know, "Oldfart's Syndrome". Don't worry pops, we'll all go back to dancing the Bartman soon enough, and you can then complain that parachute pants are scary... oh, and grumbling about young people shaving swear words into their hair.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So if something that's not entertaining is online, and a lot of people view it, lemming-like, then I'm supposed to find it entertaining or at least pretend I do?

I've clicked on most of these videos, and a couple of seconds is enough to convince me not to waste anymore time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Only one I found amusing was Seth Green's answer video, 'leave Chris Crocker alone'.