Star Wars on Spike TV

There's probably already a thread about this, but oh well.

Did anyone watch TPM last night? I saw a little bit, but I generally don't watch them when they're on TV. The fullscreen was absolutely horribly done; most of the time you could only see half a face. It seemed like they had also zoomed in slightly, but I was probably just imagining that part. There were some pretty cool bumps though with concept art.

Also, in an e-mail yesterday, I got this:

Reflecting its status as an exciting new part of the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be featured throughout Spike TV's weekend events. Viewers will see special Star Wars: The Force Unleashed segments, each with an exclusive announcement or new game play footage, at the following times on Spike TV:

* April 6 at 7:58 p.m. ET/PT --between the premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
    * April 11 at 10:52 p.m. ET/PT -- At the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
    * April 12 at 12:00 a.m. ET/PT -- throughout an episode of GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley filmed at LucasArts' headquarters in San Francisco
    * April 12 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT -- before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
    * April 13 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT -- before Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
    So I'll probably be checking in on that; I'm glad they gave exact times.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I watched parts of AOTC and ROTS the last two nights. I noticed the "rough edges" of formating to fit my screen, too. But it was nice to mimic the lines; haven't done that for a long time, a long time.
    "That's what Sheev said."

ANH is on right now (in the central time zone anyway). It just started about 5 minutes ago.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

If only my wife didn't want to watch the Price Is Right...

I did catch a few frames during the commercial break, omg Greedo was shot!
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic View Post
    If only my wife didn't want to watch the Price Is Right...

I did catch a few frames during the commercial break, omg Greedo was shot!
    NO SPOILERS!

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Damn, I keep missing all the TFU stuff. I saw the first one and most of Game Trailers TV but the DVR messed up for that one, or it started too early, or something. Are they online somewhere? I'm actually getting more excited for this game now.

I saw some of ANH yesterday (and it's on right now, too), and I noticed that it's the DVD version (which I figured it would be, but still noteworthy I think).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

You get to play as Darth Vader for the first level of TFU, that's the big announcement.

I guess Spike has made some kind of long-term deal now because I just saw an ad that says Sundays are now "Star Wars Sundays" on Spike, which means that they'll play a different Star Wars episode every Sunday until the end of time I guess (or until people realize, "Hey I have these on DVD, why am I watching them in full screen with commercial breaks?").

Now they just need to fill those commercial breaks with The Ultimate Fighter ads and maybe create a greater crossover between Star Wars fans and UFC fans.