Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Anyone else NOT excited about the new Indiana Jones movie?

.... because I sure am not. The first 2 were watcheable I guess, from what I remember, but Last Crusade was stupid IMO. I couldn't care less if I see any ofthem ever again or this new one ever. I don't undertand why everybody automatically assumes that if somebody likes Star Wars that they like indiana jones as well. Just had to get that off my disgruntled chest....
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I'd like to be excited, but the recent track record of all three principals, along with the lackluster trailer and the apparent involvement of aliens and made-up 20th century myths is making me be very, very cautious.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well I don't believe Spielberg has been in a slump like others think, I enjoyed Minority report, Munich and War of the Worlds. Its how much sway Lucas has that would worry me if anything. But maybe he only lost it when it came to writing his space-fiction. Perhaps his earthbound fiction will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Well I don't believe Spielberg has been in a slump like others think, I enjoyed Minority report, Munich and War of the Worlds.
    "Munich" doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as "Minority Report" or "War of the Worlds". "Munich" was awesome. The other two had Tom Cruise in them, which automatically demerits them.

As for "Crystal Skull", I'm going in with an indifferent attitude. If it's good, then great. If not, then oh well. I will say that I'm much more excited about other movies coming out this year like "The Dark Knight" and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".

But I am still quite a bit excited about Indy IV, especially after that trailer. If you didn't get all nostalgic and pumped up listening to the John Williams Raiders theme again, you must be made of stone.

Also, did this really need its own thread?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    The other two had Tom Cruise in them, which automatically demerits them.
    So he's the reason why The Last Samurai is ****1/2 instead of *****?

When I said Spielberg was in a slump, I didn't mean his recent movies were bad. However, they're not nearly in the same league as, say, Jaws, Close Encounters, ET, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, or any of the first three Indiana Jones movies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The movies never had any appeal to me but I will go see it. While I did enjoy the first movie, I've never been a fan of them as a whole. I do hope it is good though for those looking forward to it.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I loved the Indy movies, hated the Young Indy show though, and since then Lucas has gone on to do more harm to his other major franchise than good, so I am not excited about this movie, I'm dreading it and hoping it won't be awful.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm looking forward to this just about as much as I'm looking forward to the upcoming Batman and Iron Man films. Meaning that I plan to see them all in the theater as soon as they come out, but it's not like I'm counting the days or anything.

as a kid I loved raiders. temple of doom not so much and last crusade i've never managed to see all of in any sitting. I most likely won't go see crystal skull at the cinema i'll wait for it to hit tv or a friend calls round for a dvd night and brings it with them. i can't look at harrison ford anymore without thinking 'dust'.

I like all of the Indiana Jones movies (the first one especially), but I am not really looking forward to this new one. I'll wait for the DVD release.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."