Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

The Shield: The Final Season (7)

The word is the show won't air until September!

The Season 6 DVD set isn't coming out until around a week or less before then, too.

Grrrrr.

I like time to watch all the last season before the next one starts, but you always feel so rushed. Why do they do this?

I saw an interview with Paula Garces (Tina) and she is returning and says her character will have cool things to do. Here's to hoping many of those things won't necessary have to have her doing them with her clothes on!

Meanwhile, we left Season 6 after some very serious ground was covered regarding Lem's murder. Vic knows about Shane!

It's all coming to a head now.

Thoughts? Predictions?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I can't wait. This show can only end in one way.

Any word, other than this summer, when season 7 starts?

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I can't wait. This show can only end in one way.
    What way are you thinking?

Vic kills Shane?

Shane kills Vic to make it a tragic surprise to the viewers.

What of Aceveda, Claudette, and Dutch? They are also kind of primary characters.

I really don't know which way to call Aceveda's fate. He started out good and slipped down the slope because of Vic. All the stuff he's done could come back to bite him. Or the show could keep with the theme that politicians are corrupt, and David will continue along with the worst kinds of skeletons in his closet (the real ones).

Claudette seems "done." She made Captain and as such, will probably take (or could take) the others down. I don't see her character going anywhere else unless she gets promoted to Assistant Chief of Police for all Los Angeles. But maybe she'll get so close, and then her illness will reach out and help the Reaper take her?

Dutch is the most interesting. After all these years of trying to get in the minds of the sickest serial criminals in order to catch them, I think all the pathologies will manifest themselves in him and he'll go crazy and rape and kill or something.

Meanwhile, whatever happens between Vic and Shane, Vic will realize that he created Shane in his own image. But Vic was a bad cop who cared about others. Shane became the worst kind of cop, who cares only about himself.

Any word, other than this summer, when season 7 starts?
    Other than September? - which isn't actully until the Fall. Makes me so mad...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

For the last couple of seasons, I've felt/thought that Vic is going to die. It's payment for his transgressions, and it's the only way the series can end.

How? A shootout with Shane? Maybe. A hit orchestraed by Shane? Possible. But Vic definitely isn't going to retire.

The final strike team member (Terry?) may break and do some time. Then again, he might skate free.

Claudette will stay in charge at the Barn, and Dutch will be promoted out of the barn, to Robbery Homicide, that premiere LAPD unit.

Acevada's past will come back to haunt him, too. He's carrying too much baggage, emotional and otherwise. He'll fall, too.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post

The final strike team member (Terry?) may break and do some time. Then again, he might skate free.
    Ronnie Gardocki. Terry was the rat they killed in the very first episode.

Ronnie's the one you're thinking of.

For the last couple of seasons, I've felt/thought that Vic is going to die. It's payment for his transgressions, and it's the only way the series can end.

How? A shootout with Shane? Maybe. A hit orchestraed by Shane? Possible. But Vic definitely isn't going to retire.

Interesting. So you think Shane is going to survive it all, having become the monster made by Vic, who kills Vic (and Lem obviously) in the end result of his "training."

That's possible. Man is that wicked!

Claudette will stay in charge at the Barn,

I wonder if the Barn will be shut down, symbolic of the show being shut down?

Ronnie!!! He's like that fourth member of the Doors' whose name I can never remember.

I don't think Shane will survive either. He has to pay for his sins, too.

Closing the Barn would be a symbolic end to the show.

Saw a commercial for the final season the other night. Fall '08.

What are we gonna do until fall?

Dutch Boy (Jay Karnes) was on CSI tonight playing... a detective!!

A real stretch of the imagination.

Saw a new commercial tonight that said September. At least we have a month now, not a season.