Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Movies so bad it ruined the series/franchise for you.

Over in an Indiana Jones thread, we started debating whether or not one bad film in a series can taint your feelings of the series or the original films you previously enjoyed. For me there have been some sequels or prequels so bad that I wanted to remove them from my memory so I wouldn't think of them when watching the original films I enjoyed. For me some of those films include:

1. Scream 2
    2. The Godfather Part III
    3. The Neverending Story Part II
    4. National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation
    5. Superman III and Superman IV
    6. Batman Returns
    7. Alien Resurrection
    8. Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell
    9. Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
    10. Major League 2
    11. Star Trek: Nemesis
    12. Beneath the Plant of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes
    13. Rocky V
    14. The Next Karate Kid
    15. The Exorcist Part II
    16. Ghostbusters 2
    17. Grelmins 2: The New Batch
    18. Star Trek V
    19. Back to the Future Part 2
    20. The Lost World (Jurassic Park 2)
    21. Highlander 2

Thankfully it has been so long since I have seen some of these movies my memories have them have faded and the sting isn't so bad.

I have major problems with the Star Wars prequels, but I have a hard time saying I wish they hadn't been made. There are parts of each movie I thought were incredibly well done. I just wish they had been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    6. Batman Returns
    This is on your list, and "Batman and Robin" isn't?!
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I wouldn't say they ruined the series for me, since I can pretend they never happened, but I'd add Short Circuit 2, Jurassic Park ///, X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, and I'm sure more.

I'd disagree with Batman Returns, Rocky V, Ghostbusters 2 (though it completely invalidated the entire Real Ghostbusters cartoon), BTTF 2, and The Lost World. And I've not seen all the Apes or Godfather series, so I'm not 100% ready to jump on board with those two.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Friday the 13th part 8 and Rocky 5 were both awesome. Godfather 3 was okay.

No sequel has ever ruined the previous movies. What a ridiculous concept.

I'm just glad the "Rocky" series got a proper ending with "Rocky Balboa" instead of just stopping at "Rocky V". Admit it, Tommy Gunn is one of the worst antagonists (and I say that because he's not even worthy enough to be called a villain) ever.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Hells yeah dude, Rocky 6 was awesome !!!! I'm glad it didn't end with Rocky 5 but that's not because I don't like the movie. It's a great setup for Rocky 6.

Thinking more about Friday the 13th part 5, I still like that movie alot. They should have had more take place in NYC though instead of all the boat stuff. Oh, and the child-version of Jason should have been mutated and stuff. Good movie overall, though.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    This is on your list, and "Batman and Robin" isn't?!
    I boycotted Batman and Forever and Batman and Robin because Keaton wasn't playing Batman. To this day I have not seen either film.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    I boycotted Batman and Forever and Batman and Robin because Keaton wasn't playing Batman. To this day I have not seen either film.
    You are a wise, wise man indeed.

Cae, I've still not seen Rocky Balboa because the idea of him somehow "getting better" after #5 seems ludicrous. (I've been waiting for HBO, so I can see it for free.) I actually liked Rocky 5, and thought it was a great ending for the series. Can you tell me how he overcomes Parkinson's to be a contender again? 'Cause I don't see Michael J Fox appearing in any Spin City reunion movies anytime soon, so I'm assuming it's a pretty serious and permanent condition.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

He didn't become a contender again, he fought one fight that is all. They mention the fact he is older and he has taken quite a beating over the years. Nothing was said about Parkinson's though.