Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News from HBO

News from HBO

Well, I was speaking with the BO rep last week and got some good news and bad news for us HBO TV lovers

Bad News

The Deadwood movies have been scrapped. They will not be done. The actors have moved on to other projects.

The Wire is done officially. They will not bring it back at all under any circumstances.

Good News

Flight of The Concords is back next year

Big Love is back next year

Curb your Enthusiasm is also coming back again. I thought this one was gone. He swears it is not.

David Milch is working on another project. He said it was one of two things, one being a 70's style psychedelic cop show. I dont remember the other one

Also the guy who did 6 feet under is doing another show.

I know of the shows is starring Anna Paquin. I dont remember if it is one mentioned or one I didnt mention and forgot. I am thinking the one from the guy who did 6 Feet Under

Hopefully that makes a few of us happy. I know I am looking forward to Flight, Big Love and Curb(if true). Milchs' show sounds pretty sweet also.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Any news on The Pacific? Its the same crew that did Band of Brothers. I think its supposed to come out in September of '09.

No Deadwood movies??? I spit on HBO!!! They should have just kept it going for one or two more seasons, and given it the ending it deserved.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

While I would have loved for the series to continue it did stop at a 'goof place' if you think about it.

It wasn't a feel good ending, that's for sure, but NO ONE will ever be able to claim that it overstayed its welcome.

I miss Deadwood - so much so that I'm going to buy the whole series on Blu-Ray if they decide to put them out in that format.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

"I'd like the ball scores a little more f***in' prompt."

If you talk to that guy again, tell him we're all sending him some poop.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If you talk to that guy again, tell him we're all sending him some poop.

Tell him I said the big wigs at HBO are **** Suckers(ala Mr. Woo) while you're at it.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    It wasn't a feel good ending, that's for sure...
    If you know the history of Deadwood it wasn't a feel good story.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    If you know the history of Deadwood it wasn't a feel good story.
    I have several books on Deadwood and no it wasn't a feel good story. Alot of what is in the show is fiction too, but it was a darned good show anyway. Alot more to it than what they ended it with though.