Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Star Wars Fan Club thread

There are a few threads in the archives with topics about the fan club, but since there is no one dedicated category, this should be it (thus the title).

Anyway, the reason for posting today is to sing the praises of the new membership kit. It harkens a bit back to the old days when Bantha Tracks would send a bunch of cool stuff. I found myself similarly excited.

What'd we get this time, you ask?

A cool 6" ruler that says Star Wars Blueprints on it
    A round Yoda iron on patch (a patch just like the old days!)
    A Mighty Muggs Chewy refrigerator magnet
    A Mimobot (USB Flashdrive) Fett sticker thingie
    "Trading card" ad for Kustomz
    "Trading card" ad for Star Wars Galaxies with that cool painting of a Star Destroyer crashing into the ground.
    A Chronicle Books bookmark
    A postcard ad for shopthqwireless.com
    A "Special 2008" Dark Horse Comics comicbook called "Routine Valor"
    A Star Wars Unleashed flier with that cool painting again
    A Legacy of the Force poster with a bunch of miniature figures on it
    A Force Unleashed poster with a bunch of miniature figures on it
    A Kotobukiya poster with their Star Wars collection photos on it
    A membership card with a comic Yoda on it
    and the welcome letter "from" George Lucas

Lots o' stuff!

Sweet, just the type of stuff that will interest me in renewing my membership!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

So basically we are paying for advertising materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    So basically we are paying for advertising materials.
    Well, yeaaahh. That's all any of this stuff is, isn't it? The toys are big ads for the movies and the movies are ads for the toys and other stuff. The Fan Club is there to keep "interest" alive so we keep buying stuff and moving Lucas up the Forbes list o' super rich people. It's the circle of life.

There's a difference between paying for a trinket and paying for ads that will get us to pay for trinkets in the ads.

There's a difference between paying for a trinket and paying for ads that will get us to pay for trinkets in the ads.
    Yes, this is why I'm not buying into it, I've given enough to the Forbes list of super rich ar#@holes. Between gas & toys, I'd be rich myself if I didn't buy any of it.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

There's a fine line between the two .... if there's a line at all.

I recently let my Hyperspace membership lapse. I only got it in the first place since there was a time you had to have it in order to get the magazine, but I rarely used it and it wasn't really worth it. Maybe I'll renew before Celebration V, if there are benefits to be had again.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

John that's what I did, I kept up with Hyperwaste because I wanted the magazine...and I still get the magazine...but I never really used the Hyper part, I didn't find much value in it.

I'm a sucker for the magazine though, going back about 15 years or so.

I'm in three of the issues. Can't remember which ones off hand, but one mentions my real name and I'm in my tusken garb.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!