What I missed...

Well, it's fair to say that I have been on a long hiatus from Star Wars collecting.

Let's see, in July 2006 I left Fort Knox. I spent the next 4 months in school and had little time to collect, though I did manage to buy some stuff. Then from October to February I was very busy with pre-deployment stuff and spending time with the family. Then In march 2007 I deployed and have been in Afghanistan since. I will be headed home soon.

I have noticed some real gems out there. The re-release of the Dark Trooper, Biggs Darklighter, Ultimate Galactic Hunt variants, etc.

So, just out of curiosity, what do you all think have been the best new releases over the last 1 1/2 - 2 years?
    May the force be with you.

I guess that limits things to the tail end of SAGA and the 30th AC and the Legends line.

Best:
    McFett
    Tantive IV Battlepack
    Hermie Odle
    SA Fett repack
    Death Star Trooper
    Biggs (pilot- I'm disappointed in Tosche Biggs, although glad to have him)
    Jawa & LIN
    Onith & Helrot (the bar!)
    CZ4, Umpass, and Hermie
    Han torture
    Tycho
    :deuce:
    Eps III and II clones
    501st clone (SA)
    Biker Scout
    $50 Shuttle
    Target Ultra Battle Packs
    The VTSC releases were all pretty strong

For the end of line SAGA figs, the only one I liked was Nabrun Leids and Kabe. A simple paint job made a world of difference for a "background" guy.

That may look like a lot, but considering the crush of product in 30th AC, it is a relatively small list.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

You could also read through the poll threads in the polls section. We had wave by wave favorite and least favorite polls for the TAC line. There was some discussion there about the merits (or lack thereof) of the figures.

I was most interested in the concept figures, vintage style figures, and the comic packs. I was also able to build up my Episode II clone army a bit with the Saga Legends SA clones.