Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Order 66 Tsui Choi & BARC Trooper

Wow, I couldn't believe how long it had been since I'd reviewed a Star Wars fig. Any if you read my Little Green Army men post last week, I said I was doing a Star Wars review this week and here it is. I magnaged to snag the last Tsui Choi & Barc Trooper sets at my Target last weekend. I've passed on the Order 66 sets up to this point, but since Tsui was a new figure and I didn't have a BARC Trooper, it seemed like a good thing to pick up.

What did I think when I got them home? Check it out here:
    http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews...rc_trooper.asp

Enjoy and happy hunting!
    Engineernerd

Nice review!

I passed on this set, though there were 2-3 of them I could pick from. The little Jedi just isn't worth the $10 to me, and I was even less impressed with the BARC than you, if that's possible.

Finaly found these things at the local Target even though most areas seem to have them by now, and I picked up this set.

Why?

Cause the blue guy rocks my sox, that's why! Actualy I got it for the trooper . . . but when I opened it and put them on my shelf, Tsui became the favorite of the two very quickly.

Matter o fact, he's the ONLY Jedi who isn't a sith lord that I own at the moment, and one of only three good guys in my collection that has a weapon.

. . . I think I'v been focusing on army biulding too much lately.

I agree with what Engineernerd said about the BARC trooper too. That gun is waaaaay too big for him to use without at least some kind of tripod or large rock to set it on. But I didn't have a BARC trooper until now, so he's ok. For the moment I'v got him holding his B.F.G. , but I may give him a spare blaster instead.

I'v got the lill blue guy taking on Vader and the Emperor, surounded by about 20 clone troopers and an AT-AP.

They don't stand a chance against Tsui Choi!

. . . well, not unless they call the 20 storm troopers and the AT-AT from the shelf above them. Then Tsui may be in for a small workout.

I know it's silly, cause the guy may be smaller than Yoda, but he's the first Jedi figure I'v ever gotten excited about.

Hard to belive from this post that I originaly bought this set for the trooper. He's just kinda milling around in the back row saying to the trooper next to him, "Hey, can you help me aim this freaking thing?"

Meanwhile, Tsui Choi is doing one mean impression of Yoda on caffeen.

This is the only set of these I purchased.The rest are straight repacks, repaints and didnt need them. Nice review.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Engineernerd, that clone can indeed sit down. It looks like you're not rotating the legs up enough. For lack of a better description, the groin area looks like it restricts the leg articulation but as the legs are kind of rubbery, you can, with a slight bit of force, get the clones into sitting positions. Even on a BARC. I'll provide photographic evidence shortly.

Clone in sitting/crouching position

Clone on BARC speeder

I've been waiting for Tsui Choi since comic packs began. This guy made these packs worth collecting.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Engineernerd, that clone can indeed sit down. It looks like you're not rotating the legs up enough. For lack of a better description, the groin area looks like it restricts the leg articulation but as the legs are kind of rubbery, you can, with a slight bit of force, get the clones into sitting positions. Even on a BARC. I'll provide photographic evidence shortly.

Clone in sitting/crouching position

Clone on BARC speeder
    I'll have to check that out when I get home. I was looking at the pictures and wonder how that groin piece was put together exactly yesterday. Still, it's not a great design if you got a force it, but GI Joe can do it all day long. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, his legs do work better than I thought. I had to push mine out a bit. I was pushing in when I was trying before. Thanks for the pics as well!

I have to say I bought this one and left the rest. Why? Because of the totally new figure in it. to quote Yoda "Judge me by my size do you" I could care less about his stature he is a totally new figure not a repaint or kit bashed one like the rest of them are. Dont know about everyone else but repaints and re-issued figures kind of get my goat. I'm for all new figures all the way and I loved the soft goods on him with the wire to pose it. The trooper is still in the package I have ENOUGH CLONES for a while

Yeah, this is the only set I got and plan on getting. Choi is pretty damn sweet.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.