Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SA Rebel Pilot

SA Rebel Pilot

First, we need a Dutch Vander sculpt, proper helmet, detachable hose, and a firing pocket rocket. Oh yes, this is a must. We can't let a perfect mold like that just be used once. Hasbro should use that body to make other pilots. A couple random background pilots from each of the OT films would be nice. But why stop there? How about a Walrusman, Duro, Greedo, or Ree-Yees rebel pilot? Add in a Hammerhead while they are at it, he made a good Jedi afterall. They could also use Hermie Odle's head on the SA Dutch Vander Body. He'd be looking straight up, so no one could get the drop on him! The Luke Rebel Pilot body is almost short enough compared to some of the POTF2 figures that Hasbro could an Ewok or Jawa head on it. Of course, since they aren't sculpting new figures, these should cost less than the main line.

They could all be part of a series of Battle Packs. The motley crew of Rebel Pilots versus a squadron specific TIE pilots painted different colors.
    I am the modern man.

I'm not sure where you've been, but Hasbro has been getting a lot of mileage out of that Dutch Vander body. Sure it's a nice sculpt, but the articulation is outdated and his arms are pre-posed in a bizarre way (I think "wonky" is the word that JT used for it). Then there's the fact that he's just too tall to represent your average Rebel.

So, I think that figure has run it's course, time to start fresh with an all-new sculpt.

As for your alien pilot ideas, sounds more like a customizing project to me not something that Hasbro should be wasting their money on. If Hasbro started churning out poorly-conceived, kit-bashed junk like this, then the entire line would tank in a hurry.

Even though, based on some of your suggestions, I can't help but think that this entire thread is some kind of joke. Hermi Odle's head on Dutch Vander's body? That's ridiculous.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

When I saw the title I assumed this was a Gothiczartan thread. Have to say I'm assuming you're joking though I'm not completely sure. Correction, you are clearly joking in some parts whilst perhaps not so clearly joking in other parts.

I've been telling you that no more using the dutch vander body anymore because he has not ball jointed shoulders and elbows and no ball jointed neck and ankles.

if you want a SA pilot

a pilot needed to be ball jointed to neck to ankles!
    All the characters from the Star Wars films needs to be made into figures especially Luke Snowspeeder pilot (new head without cap), Wedge Snowspeeder pilot and the rest of the X-Wings, Snowspeeders, Y-Wings and B-Wings pilots! Biggs Darklighter as X-Wing, all the Jedis and all the Skiff and Sail Barge Guards all needed improvement and movie accurate!

Ball joint shoulders suck
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Ball joint shoulders suck
    I'm not buying anymore new figures unless they have ball-joint shoulders. I think they are a must these days.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I stillthink they are horrid and no figure eeds ball joints on any limb. I want 6 points of articulation like the vintage days.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I stillthink they are horrid and no figure eeds ball joints on any limb. I want 6 points of articulation like the vintage days.
    Well, technically, there were only 5 points of articulation in the vintage days (none of the figures back then had swivel waists). However, I always remember thinking that GI Joe figures were better figures because they had more articulation. Although back then I didn't know it was called articulation, I just knew that my GI Joes could bend their knees and elbows and my Star Wars figures couldn't.

But that's really beside the point, because I don't think that Star Wars figures would be able to remain competitive today with only 5 or 6 points of articulation. Collectors would still buy them because they have the Star Wars logo, but they would lose a lot of appeal to kids who have lots and lots of choices in the toy aisle.

If they made a 2-!b Rebeal pilot, SA with detachable hose I'd probably get one
    Iso&Baws
    Seriously
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

we can make a poll on what rebel pilots we like to see made

here is this link I got an idea from

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#3176863

that upcoming evolution set pilots ten numb figure, they can reuse it to create a human version of a b wing pilot by adding a new head sculpt with removable skull cap and helmet headset, also make a human female b wing pilot as well with new head and torso (breifly seen in ROTJ)
    All the characters from the Star Wars films needs to be made into figures especially Luke Snowspeeder pilot (new head without cap), Wedge Snowspeeder pilot and the rest of the X-Wings, Snowspeeders, Y-Wings and B-Wings pilots! Biggs Darklighter as X-Wing, all the Jedis and all the Skiff and Sail Barge Guards all needed improvement and movie accurate!