Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTJ Deleted Scene

Was browsing the old youtube & stumbled across this:

Star Wars - Return of the Jedi Cut Sandstorm Scene Recon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYb6Mnokd8

What I'm wondering is if its legit, & if anyone knows of any other of this type stuff in existence?

This scene is mentioned in the original ROTJ storybook and I recognize some of the lines from there. This guy probably filled in the rest of the lines from the novelization or the annotated screenplay. I think this is as close as we will ever get to seeing the complete sandstorm scene.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Pretty cool really, thanks for linking us to that, I hadn't seen all those photos.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That scene looks like it sucked. Good thing they got rid of it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    That scene looks like it sucked. Good thing they got rid of it.
    The only critical part of that scene was the reconciliation between Han and Lando. I understand it's kind of implied during the Skiff Battle, but I still feel that something needed to be said onscreen.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The only critical part of that scene was the reconciliation between Han and Lando. I understand it's kind of implied during the Skiff Battle, but I still feel that something needed to be said onscreen.
    Perhaps. But I felt like the buddy-buddy stuff between all the other characters was done a lot in the film already.

Also, isn't it a little odd how they're having these heartfelt discussions while the wind is blowing so fast and hard?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Perhaps. But I felt like the buddy-buddy stuff between all the other characters was done a lot in the film already.

Also, isn't it a little odd how they're having these heartfelt discussions while the wind is blowing so fast and hard?
    The scene was also suppose to show how harsh the wheather conditions can get on tatooine, a scene which would later be shown in Episode I. I know it sounds really lame, but I heard it in some interview Lucas did when he was talking about the remakes coming out on DVD and why he still left out some deleted scenes.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

I agree with the decision to cut the scene and again with the decision to leave it out. I just feel that SOMETHING onscreen needed to be said between Han and Lando. The last time Han saw Lando, he was handing him over to Darth Vader, so it's kind of odd that Han would be so willing to trust Lando and save his life during the Skiff Battle.

Now if Lucas would just delete the lame love scenes between Anakin and Padme.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

SW Insider published has bunch of photos from this sand storm scene around 1998. Most of the those photos look like they came from there. Some other deleted I know of are:
    General Madine commanding his own Mon Cal cruiser.
    Royal Guards attacking Moff Jerjerrod.
    Vader chocking the Royal Guards.
    A fistfight between Yak Face and Ree-Yees.
    And I know the Rancor fight scene was cut down from it's original length.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane