Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

eFX's new Stormtrooper Helmet

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1415

Price is pretty much where the other line left off, not really surprising.

Looks like a pretty decent replica, and I like that they got the bubble lenses right, it was beginning to feel like no prop replica helmet would ever totally get that right.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm glad they're making them. Easy pass for me as I'm content with my MR helmet.

Cant wait to hear about their future products though.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

WHEN will somebody make a legitimate ROTJ Vader Reveal mask? THAT's been what I really want for a long time. The lame ROTS version doesn't count.

Looks like my armor FX helmet that I have at home, which only cost me $500 for the complete Stormtrooper costume from wookie cantina a few years ago. $400 is a little steep for something that looks just like my armor FX helmet.

$400 isnt a bad price at all though. Yes its a little cheaper if you buy it with a full set of armor -but you kind of have to for a color match.

Even though I got a discount with MR -it was worth every penny.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

It is a good looking helmet, the best I've seen made besides the original props. A little expensive, but compared to other options out there like SDSProps (Shepperton Design Studios) who claim to be making helmets from the original molds there ANH Hero helmet is $800, ANH Stunt helmet about $700, and the cheapest priced-battle spec helmet just under $500, and there probably not able to ship to the US since Lucasfilm sued them.
    And I don't even know what it'd cost to just get a Armor FX helmet kit, but then you'd have to put it together and if your not a good kit builder it might be a challenge for some people.
    And brings me to my next question, I wonder what they will be made of? The Clone trooper helmets were fiberglass. It will probably be made of a polyplastic styrene like the original Stormtrooper helmets.

Hi Everyone!

Long time no see!

As you can see, eFX is up and running! It has been a very exciting few months for us planning and designing our upcoming line of Star Wars collectibles. I can't really talk about it yet but you will find out soon enough and I can promise you will not be dissapointed!

I am glad to see that you all have heard about about our Stormtrooper helmet! As many of you know, Master Replicas was unable to finish their full run of this product. The edition size was supposed to be 2,500 but they were only able to produce a little over 1,000 before their license expired resulting in the cancellation of about 500 pre-orders.

Lucasfilm became aware of this issue and discussed it with us to determine a way to help out the fans and fix this short fall. Rather than see disappointed fans facing high prices on e-Bay, etc., Lucasfilm granted eFX special permission to make additional helmets at this time, even though it was not part of our original product plan.

The Stormtrooper helmet will be available for pre-order on May 5th. It is a very, very limited run of 500 so be sure to get your order in early if you want one. I don't think they are going to last long.

If you haven't done so already, please take a minute to register on our website at www.efxcollectibles.com so you can receive our email updates about this product and all of our exciting upcoming products as well.

It is great to be back as a proud member of the eFX team. I have missed talking with all of you. If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Amy L. Blanchard
    Customer Service Manager
    eFX Inc.
    Amy

So as a prop helmet are they set up to be worn or is the inside empty requiring the buyer to fit it with foam and what-not to make it sit on your head right?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Hi Exhaust,

The padding is already in there so you can wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    So as a prop helmet are they set up to be worn or is the inside empty requiring the buyer to fit it with foam and what-not to make it sit on your head right?
    Amy

Hi Amy, thanks for keeping us in the loop, and congratulations on this move!

That's really interesting, I didn't realize this was due to the canceled orders, that's cool that eFX and Lucasfilm were able to make this happen.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.