Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question RE: Thrawn's List of Unmade and Improbable

I was just curious about how many members here have some of these things that Thrawn mentioned today on the home page. Loose or still in a package. Here's his list:

Figures

Blue Snaggletooth
    Rebel Commander
    Bespin Guard Black
    Cloud Car Pilot
    General Madine
    Chief Chirpa
    Klaatu
    Lumat
    Romba
    Warok
    Imperial Dignitary

Vehicles

Imperial Troop Transporter
    Sonic Controlled Land Speeder
    Darth Vader's Star Destroyer
    Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler
    Rebel Transport
    Twin-Pod Cloud Car
    Endor Forest Ranger
    Imperial Shuttle
    Ewok Battle Wagon

Here's what I have from the above list:

Figures

Rebel Commander
    Bespin Guard Black
    Cloud Car Pilot (2)
    General Madine (carded)
    Chief Chirpa
    Klaatu (carded)
    Lumat (carded)
    Warok
    Imperial Dignitary

Vehicles

Darth Vader's Star Destroyer
    Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler
    Imperial Shuttle

Stillakid,

Dang! You are a lucky guy to have the sandcrawler. Where did you get it? How much did you pay for it?

This is a favorite vehicle of mine that I'm ALWAYS hoping they'd rerelease it.

Also --- how big is it? I've never scene photos of it in comparion to the other toy ships. I'm assuming it's about as big as the body portion of the ATAT. Perhaps a tad taller. (I mean the body without the legs of course.) Am I right on this?

Man, I'm so jealous . . .

Originally posted by mark2d2
    Stillakid,

Dang! You are a lucky guy to have the sandcrawler. Where did you get it? How much did you pay for it?

This is a favorite vehicle of mine that I'm ALWAYS hoping they'd rerelease it.

Also --- how big is it? I've never scene photos of it in comparion to the other toy ships. I'm assuming it's about as big as the body portion of the ATAT. Perhaps a tad taller. (I mean the body without the legs of course.) Am I right on this?

Man, I'm so jealous . . .

I think my mom picked it up at a flea market. That was a long time ago, but I know that I didn't get it new. As a result, it's missing the vaccuum tube, the stairs, and the remote control. But it's still cool anyway.

Because of your enthusiasm, I took this photo just for you. The crawler is just shy of 8" tall and the walker body is about 7 1/2", so you're right on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_1628.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	930  

Cool I Want an Imperial Shuttle

As a kid I was never able to get the Imperial shuttle because it was too expensive then. Now the only ones I see are at flea markets where the collectors wnat insane prices for a loose yellowed shuttle that falls apart if it is touched. I went to one dealer who wanted $600 for a loose and not even close to complete shuttle.
    When is Hasbro going to learn that there vechiles if made right and are of reasonable cost wil sell. I think it would be in the best interest for hasbro to release a shuttle but perhaps find a way to make it cost under $100. This toy is a piece of my childhood that I long wish to recapture. I personaly thought that the Royal starship was alright but refused to pay close to $200 for it.
    Wake up Hasbro, give the fans what they want and not what you think they want. I now that they are listening to us by making the fan choice figures but what about fan-choice starships?????? If they could make the Power F/X X-wing look realistic and have more features then the original shuttle I'm sure they can make a shuttle that will not cost as much. After all the X-Wing was only $50.00 when it came out, why can't they make the shuttle for around that price. They could even slap a price tag of $75 and fans would still buy it.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Thanks so much! The picture cleas up all my questions!

My Mom ALMOST bought this for me as a little kid.
    But we'd gotten new floors and she figured this'd ruin 'em,
    So, Instead I got the cardboard playset which I enjoyed.
    But DANG! If she'd got it for me I'd have the blasted thing
    in MINT condition! ARGHHHHH!!!

Oh, well. All is forgiven. Mom bought me many other things.

Actually, I only learned about this a few years when Mom was
    looking through the Action Figure Archive she bought me.
    And told me the horrid tale of my near miss . . .

Re: I Want an Imperial Shuttle

Stillakid - I have all the toys on the list. I have all the SW toys from every year from then until now.

mark - I have a great story about the Sandcrawler and now it a good a time as any. It is a decent size - NO way to scale, but there is a 'cockpit' where you can stick a couple of Jawas to give you an idea.

I used to sell at a local flea market every week (1996). Not only was it a good way to make money, but it guaranteed you would be there when it opened.

I set up at a spot I really liked every week. It is 6am and a guy is unpacking 2 tables away from me and he is pulling out SW toys from a box and I take notice when all of a sudden he grabs a sandcrawler. I am already on the move when one of the makret scum who is ALWAYS there asks how much and the guy says $20 and this guy is trying to offer him LESS!?! I yelled over that I'd give him $30 for it since I am only a few feet away and that sucker was MINT and COMPLETE. Well the nitwit who was talking him down went absolutely apesh!t !! He started screaming at me like how dare I say that, he's making a deal here and I am violating the code of the flea market. In other words, making a total scene. Everyone is looking at him and he storms off. I buy the crawler and a talking COMPLETE troop transporter for $12. Of course I have nowhere to go but back to my table and the guy is waiting for me. He is screaming the same crap over and over and I tell him 'look I am appalled at your behaviour, besides being an ***$ you talked DOWN the holy grail of ANH and I need it for my collection and too bad.' He says something idiotic like "Well, you know me and if I knew you wanted it I would've sold it to you for $30' Right, he would've turned around and wanted $300. He wouldn't shut up so I said 'Die.' He then said 'Are you threatening me!?! I'm going to get the police on you.' I told him saying one word isn't a threat just a wish, but if that was what he needed to do then 'do what you have to do.' He stormed off and I was hoping he would get the police because they would lock him up.

Now here is the best part. Since he was gone I could go back to the guys stand in peace. He has put out a vinyl case full of figures. I look down at them and it is like the first 12 or so from ANH. But the Luke catches my eye, that saber looks a little large. I grab it and BAM it is the double telescoping Luke - price? $8 !?
    Hehehehe. He also had a bag a parts for $2 he didn't care about - missles and a cyclon for the cyclon raider, Space 1999 parts for the eagle - really great stuff. The guy was all happy and said I was a great customer and that guy was a jerk. So I just filled up the major holes in my collection for a whopping $50. Later on I would sell the parts for more than I spent on the crawler and the Luke so they were free.

So......the head dimwit comes back to my table later all apologetic and that he only got mad because I broke the "code of the flea market' which made me think of the simpsons 'code of the school yard.' Except this guy was a total loon...

If they could make the Power F/X X-wing look realistic and have more features then the original shuttle I'm sure they can make a shuttle that will not cost as much. After all the X-Wing was only $50.00 when it came out, why can't they make the shuttle for around that price
    Once again that proves my point. That X-wing didn't sell at ALL.
    I picked them up at Wal*Mart for $10 ea when they were dying to get rid of them. Also got AT-ATs for $10 at TRU. Big price SW items do NOT sell.
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site

Uh . . . okay . . . Thrawn, may I please be the first to tell you that you SUCK!!!! I mean, you really REALLY suck!

That is absolutely the MOST NAUSEATING good luck story I have ever heard in the history of Star Wars Collecting. Seriously, I'm gagging on my own bile here. Dang! You are one lucky man.

What part of the country are you in, anyways? 'Cause that'd never happen out here in California . . .

Re: Re: I Want an Imperial Shuttle

Originally posted by Thrawn
    Once again that proves my point. That X-wing didn't sell at ALL.
    I picked them up at Wal*Mart for $10 ea when they were dying to get rid of them. Also got AT-ATs for $10 at TRU. Big price SW items do NOT sell.
    They do sell quite well if they are exclusives. If they are mass marketed then they don't. The shuttle will end up an exclusive vehicle, so people will buy it almost immediatly. Due to the fact they know that if they don't, they will most likely sell out before there is a chance for them to get reduced so they can be had cheaper.

Mass produced big ticketed Star Wars vehicles, occassionally do sit on the shelf. Since they are everywhere, most people consider the fact that with the way things are, if they wait a while, they will reduce them. And then they can get them somewhere for cheaper. But if they are exclusive to one store, the production numbers are much smaller, and there is only a small window that they will be avaliable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Post Lists rule!

Figures
    Blue Snaggletooth (loose, bought for $4 in 1987)
    Rebel Commander (2, loose)
    Bespin Guard Black (1, loose)
    Cloud Car Pilot (2, loose)
    General Madine (1, loose)
    Chief Chirpa (2, loose)
    Klaatu (1, loose)
    Lumat (1, loose)
    Romba (1, carded)
    Warok (1, loose)
    Imperial Dignitary (1, carded)

Vehicles
    Imperial Troop Transporter (or do I have the other one? Imperial Cruiser, or something?)
    Sonic Controlled Land Speeder (nope, but I do have the "regular" one)
    Darth Vader's Star Destroyer (nope)
    Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler (nope, )
    Rebel Transport (nope)
    Twin-Pod Cloud Car (pretty beat up, but yep)
    Endor Forest Ranger (yep, and this is a Mini Rig)
    Imperial Shuttle (nope)
    Ewok Battle Wagon (why?)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega