Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    I saw that there were 5+ and 4+ ones around the Mexico area of the 7+ quake.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Chux, BCJ, Tycho.....

I assume you felt it..........

I'm assuming you're all OK seeing it was a little feller at 4.4 magnitude...
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yeah. I felt it. I was watching the Padres' game on TV and the room just kind of took a jump. It was exactly like that. Really quick - just a jump.

My Arcee Transformer (pack-in with HA Skids) fell over because she was in bike form and it's precariously balanced) but that was about it.

But as with the last few, I instantly was up grabbing my shoes, keys, and phone, preparing to evacuate. But then nothing else happened so I went back to the Padres game.

They didn't even mention it on TV except during the post-game show. Perhaps a pitch for a strike came in too low because the batter jumped to 3 feet taller in that single instant as the earth bounced in SoCal? But nothing else happened.

In that stadium, I doubt you would feel anything less than a 7.0.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That explains why the picture frame mysteriously fell off the shelf. I guess I wasn't sitting down at that moment, since I didn't "feel" it was a quake.

A series of nasty tremblors, with the big one being either 5.9 or 5.7 (it appears the US Geological Survey hasn't decided, as they show both on different pages), right near the border of San Diego and Imperial Counties and Mexico. Felt that sucker all the way up here for several seconds.

I will never get used to this.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The quake was felt at PetCo Park.

The Bluejays probably didn't know what it was as some of them might have yelled, "Avalanche!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've been "feeling" quakes over the last few days, when you look around and don't see anything moving, but the floor felt that way. But I seem to be missing these bigger ones.

That 5.9 at the border last night, I felt it up here in LA, shook the apartment for a few seconds.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The last quake felt at PetCo Park was Aaron Cunningham's GRAND SLAM!

That shook all the runners loose

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I've been "feeling" quakes over the last few days, when you look around and don't see anything moving, but the floor felt that way. But I seem to be missing these bigger ones.
    Unless it's been the breezes that have gusts that've been shaking the home some. Hard to tell. But I am trying to be more aware of sounds and rattles.