Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Do we have any Oklahoma Forumites who felt their 5.0+ shaker the past week? That's sure a closer "midwest" region than CA.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Do we have any Oklahoma Forumites who felt their 5.0+ shaker the past week? That's sure a closer "midwest" region than CA.
    I think that event was in honor of my son who will be attending the University of Oklahoma beginning this January. Just a little "something" to make him less homesick.

I wonder how the people in Prague, OK felt about it....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Is he there yet? Did he give the standard California "this was nothing... I remember the quake when..." line?

On Saturday we had one really early in the morning that I slept thru but I felt the 5.7 that night. It shook the house, thankfully no damage. We then had another one on monday that was a 4.7 that I could feel but that wasn't too bad, but happened while we were under a tornando watch so that was fun. NOT! We've had quite a few recently so it's a bit worrisome. I'm blaming it on obama. It's all his fault.

California has had several "larger" quakes (scale 3.0+) lately, especially some along the San Andreas vertical fault.

California has had several "larger" quakes (scale 3.0+) lately, especially some along the San Andreas vertical fault.
    #re-Tweet
    Mainly east of my area.

During 5th period today, about 1:30pm, a student asked, "was that an earthquake, Mr. Jos?" I quickly said, "no," then changed it to, "I don't know, but I don't think so." Checked when I got home; Mr. Jos was wrongo: a 3.4 centered maybe 10 miles from the school or so.

BCJ: teaching at the school of rock(in').
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

During 5th period today, about 1:30pm, a student asked, "was that an earthquake, Mr. Jos?" I quickly said, "no," then changed it to, "I don't know, but I don't think so." Checked when I got home; Mr. Jos was wrongo: a 3.4 centered maybe 10 miles from the school or so.
    Epic D+!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Several more 3.0+ quakes across the state (CA) in the last few days, including 2 yesterday near Malibu.