Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    TeeEye, have you felt any of the recent quakes centered in Lake Isabella, east of where you reside?
    Forgot to mention that Weldon, just down the road from Lake Isabella was rocking and rolling again the other day. I think it was somewhere around a 4.0 again. I didn't feel it. Too much Sierra Nevada mountains getting in the way to feel it here in the San Walking Valley, I guess.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Time for a Midwest boy to take this thread over from you West Coasters...

Ever hear of a ice quake? Yeah we've got em here.

http://www.startribune.com/local/239409951.html

My relatives in Ohio a few year ago had a "quake" that apparently was a collapse of some drilling or mining area. Felt just like one. In fact, I wonder if it was the quake upon which this very thread was based...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I was awakened out of a deep sleep around 5:30 this morning by a rather loud booming sound that shook the walls of my bedroom. Stuff was falling off my dresser and I sat straight up in bed, wondering what the hell was going on.

My first thought was tornado - and I jumped out of bed, pulled on some shorts and rushed to the front door to look outside, but the night skies were clear and stars were shining. There was a train going by on the track in the distance, but trains on that line have never shook the house like this. It had to be an earthquake.

So I flipped on the TV and sure enough the local news anchors started reporting calls about the quake and said that the studio was hit too.

According to CNN, an earthquake measuring 5.2 magnitude hit the Midwest. The epicenter was in southern Illinois near the Indiana border.

I'm sure SoCal forumites will probably pooh-pooh us Midwesterners, but earthquake tremors aren't a part of daily life here. So did anyone else feel it?
    Looks like that isn't the case BCJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Looks like that isn't the case BCJ.
    Yeah, I perused the first 100 posts or so of this thread (it was mainly about JT considering leaving the SW hobby and therefore the SW online posting community at the start, then some geographic website nerd kept posting updates of the number of registered CA/NV earthquakes there), and it's been 5 years since the beginning.

Speaking of years ago: 20th anniversary of the 6.0+ Northridge quake. Remember THAT one quite well (well, not well as in good).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Yeah, I perused the first 100 posts or so of this thread (it was mainly about JT considering leaving the SW hobby and therefore the SW online posting community at the start, then some geographic website nerd kept posting updates of the number of registered CA/NV earthquakes there), and it's been 5 years since the beginning.Speaking of years ago: 20th anniversary of the 6.0+ Northridge quake. Remember THAT one quite well (well, not well as in good).
    I remember it as we'll.... From tv.

Was awakened at 1:35 am this morning by what turned out to be a 4.4 less than 15 miles away from me. Did I sleep soundly after? 'Course not!

Apparently, a 6.0+ quake hit New Zealand.

According to the website, there was a 3.1 around midnight last night, centered in the same city where I live. I felt nada.

We also had a 3.somthing this evening just south of town (around 9:30). Felt nary a thing. Of course, with my office adjacent to the airport and jets taking off every so often, it would feel just about the same to me.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!