Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 279
  1. #71
    Yeah, I heard about that. It's scary how similar that idea is to the global warming story.

  2. #72
    The CA-NV earthquakes map website I frequently view If I haven't posted the link before showed 596 different earthquakes from the last month, with only 12 or so from NV. Scary.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

  3. #73
    I have that bookmarked as well. I usually rush to it late at night on the laptop or the PS3 when I'm watching tv and a little one hits.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I have that bookmarked as well.
    I'm a moderator there for its forum section as Geig-Cam Jos. Spammers there always try to hock their "special prices" on quake insurance, collectibles adhesive, DVDs of Superman: The Movie, downloads of "Shakin'," etc.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

  5. #75
    I was at my grandma's the other day, I'm helping her with her bills, and I came across a delinquent bill for some piece of insurance. I asked her and my mom, neither knew, so my mom called up her uncle since he's the broker, turns out it is earthquake insurance. That stuff is expensive as hell! Nearly as expensive as her condo insurance which covers a ton of other stuff.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #76
    That's why we don't have it, as much as I'd like it. It cost something like double our homeowner's insurance, I guess since we're pretty close to the fault here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  7. #77
    We've got it, and if memory serves, it's about $700 a year. Should the unthinkable happen, our deductible is about 20 grand which is pretty cheap compared to buying a new house. We have it because our downtown area was leveled in 1952 (and anthing can happen...). My in-laws' house was red tagged after the Northridge earthquake in '94 (they lived in Woodland Hills). Thankfully, they had their house covered.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

  8. #78
    I think I read somewhere that only flood insurance is higher than e-quake. Or maybe that was tornado...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That's why we don't have it, as much as I'd like it. It cost something like double our homeowner's insurance, I guess since we're pretty close to the fault here.
    Dang, that sucks. My grandma's is 1/8th cheaper than her homeowners insurance, and when the '94 quake hit, her condo didn't even have any damage so she's never gotten a dime out of it. Still, in the 25 years she's lived there, she's only paid about $8500 or so in quake insurance, a payout if something happened would be a good investment.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We've got it, and if memory serves, it's about $700 a year. Should the unthinkable happen, our deductible is about 20 grand which is pretty cheap compared to buying a new house. We have it because our downtown area was leveled in 1952 (and anthing can happen...). My in-laws' house was red tagged after the Northridge earthquake in '94 (they lived in Woodland Hills). Thankfully, they had their house covered.
    I never considered the deductible, but I guess that does make sense.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The CA-NV earthquakes map website I frequently view If I haven't posted the link before showed 596 different earthquakes from the last month, with only 12 or so from NV. Scary.
    Checking it this morning, it's up to 734 quakes (and just I realized that it shows earthquakes within the past WEEK, not month). And there was a 4.4 near the LA area yesterday, with a 3.something aftershock. Concerned?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO