Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    It looks like the earthquake claimed a casualty in one of MP Starscream's fingers. It's such a small piece and it probably landed in a pile of clutter that I'm not sure if I'll find it again.

Hey: I sent you that Starscream! Find his finger!

Miraculously, I found the finger!!! Rest easy now Tycho

To celebrate, I held a brief dogfight between MP Screamer and Universe Powerglide.

I think I'll keep Screamer displayed in jet mode now just to avoid having missing fingers again (Why were these made detachable????).

I just got Powerglide today. He is awesome! Of course I don't transform my all-too-delicate Masterpiece jet sculpts. My Japanese Starscream is in robot mode (I transformed him once) and my Skywarp was left as he shipped - as a jet.

I think I'll get Skywarp down later and he and Powerglide might have a dogfight over here.

Powerglide is SWEET! I'm so glad I was able to return Wingblade and be able to purchase the A-10 I really wanted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Well, my walk to the Vista is uphill. Of course, it's also but a fraction of your walk over there.
    Yeah, but it's probably not even that steep a grade as your walk to the Vista.

All of this could be moot, however, as I'll most likely try to book a room so I can stay for 2 days at least. I don't think I could take 3 or more days there!
    Trust me, 4 days is the way to do it. Going Wednesday is the chore, it gets the hard buys out of the way (or the early sights, your choice), Thursday and Friday are interesting but a mess, and Saturday is the cresting where everything finally comes together. Both years, that's how it was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    It looks like the earthquake claimed a casualty in one of MP Starscream's fingers. It's such a small piece and it probably landed in a pile of clutter that I'm not sure if I'll find it again.
    Ugh, not a surprise either, those crappy ball joints are a HORRID little design just made for breakage.

Wait, you found it? It wasn't broken??? WOW!!!

When I first got Powerglide a few weeks ago, I was on the phone with Tycho telling him how rugged it was, I was tossing it in the air (not that he could see it) and the second time I missed the catch - figure didn't even de-transform!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Trust me, 4 days is the way to do it. Going Wednesday is the chore, it gets the hard buys out of the way (or the early sights, your choice), Thursday and Friday are interesting but a mess, and Saturday is the cresting where everything finally comes together. Both years, that's how it was for me.

Ugh, not a surprise either, those crappy ball joints are a HORRID little design just made for breakage.

Wait, you found it? It wasn't broken??? WOW!!!

When I first got Powerglide a few weeks ago, I was on the phone with Tycho telling him how rugged it was, I was tossing it in the air (not that he could see it) and the second time I missed the catch - figure didn't even de-transform!
    And yet he was still unconvinced and alluded to a fear of breakage when bending the wings upward.

I don't think I could take 4 days of SDCC! 2 days, sure. 3 would be stretching it and 4 would be too much for me.

If you were gonna do 3 days, do Thurs-Sat, Wednesday is no fun because it's only 3 hours and there are no panels.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thurs-Fri-Sat is usually good for me. I skip Sunday. But it doesn't cost you any more if you get the 4-day pass early, WITH sneak preview night.

Well, obviously it'd cost him more simply because he'd have to pay for a hotel room for Wed night. But you are right in that going 3 days costs the same as getting the 4-day pass that comes with the bonus preview night, and it's easier to deal with because getting daily passes can be a chore.

Thanks JT and Tycho, I'll keep all of this in mind.

So what was this thread originally about anyhow?