Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Supposedly, in Baja California (I saw this on CNN.com's breaking news banner), there was a 6.0 earthquake yesterday in the early morning.

I was up posting right here on SSG and remember, I am in "Alto California" if down south of me is Baja California.

I felt NOTHING. If there was a 6.0 quake that close to where I live, don't you think I should have felt something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Supposedly, in Baja California (I saw this on CNN.com's breaking news banner), there was a 6.0 earthquake yesterday in the early morning.

I was up posting right here on SSG and remember, I am in "Alto California" if down south of me is Baja California.

I felt NOTHING. If there was a 6.0 quake that close to where I live, don't you think I should have felt something?
    The website I frequently look at doesn't go much below 30 miles past the US/Mexico border, and Baja goes a tad further than that. Maybe it was closer to the tip of the peninsula.

And that very same site shows less than 500 total quakes over the last week, the least I've noticed since I started looking at its data.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Maybe a little empathy?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

We're so broke in California, we can't even afford seismic tremors any more!

We're not Baja California, nor Alta California....just fast becoming Nada California.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

According to the map, there were three 3.0+ quakes about 60 miles south of the border. That's a fair distance to feel, Tycho, in SD. You felt "nothing" about it? I wonder if your feelings on the matter are clear, Lord Tycho. Go to the Command Park (the Super San Diego Extra Inning) await my orders.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

In San Diego, the super-extra-inning has yeilded 17 more of them in one game alone THIS YEAR, and it did not result in the Padres winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The website I frequently look at doesn't go much below 30 miles past the US/Mexico border, and Baja goes a tad further than that. Maybe it was closer to the tip of the peninsula.
    What? You mean the United States'Geological site doesn't have data on Mexico???
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What? You mean the United States'Geological site doesn't have data on Mexico???
    This must be paranoia about the Gadston Purchase from back in the 1800s...

BTW, there are now only 357 eathquakes listed on that site over the last week. That's a drop of about 150 in two days, meaning 5 days ago, there weren't many quakes in CA, northeastern Mexico, and NV at all. Weird.

A string of 3.0+ quakes near Baja again lately, including one over 5.0.

That website now shows 891 earthquakes in CA and NV the last week. WOW!