Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    That website now shows 891 earthquakes in CA and NV the last week. WOW!
    We had a 5.0 in the mountains east of us a couple of days ago. No damage here, but I'm sure a few ruffled feathers in the forest.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I checked it again today, and for the first time since I've been looking at the earthquake website, there were more than 1000 quakes over the last week. Keeler, a place near Sequoia NP, has had at least two 5.0+, some 4.0+, and many 3.0+ there.

Next week, CA has its second (or more?) annual Great Shakeout, with a statewide disaster drill. Would it be ironic if a big one hit the day before those drills? I sure hope not.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Last week when I checked, it reached a high of 1024 quakes, but this morning, it's back down to 746. Weird, weird.

What do baseball and earthquakes have in common?

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...THQUAKE_7.html

It's the 20th anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake in the Bay Area which halted the 3rd game of the World Series between the Giants and the A's.

I remember that day quite well. I saw some footage before a church meeting. That clip of the car getting buckled on the Oakland Bay Bridge still is haunting.

BTW, our Great Shakeout disaster drill at school went fairly well, as far as I saw.

That website now shows 891 earthquakes in CA and NV the last week. WOW!
    Maybe stuff like that inspires lyrics like "I felt the Earth move under my feet"
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Over 220 quakes in CA and NV the past day. Several 3.0+ around the Golden State and NW Mexico.

Now over 300 shakers in the last three days.

Not as many CA quakes lately, but more 3.0+s than recently; even a couple 4.0+s. And there's about four main bunches of quakes throughout the state. Concern?

Concern?
    Nope. The system is just relieving pressure: nice and easy! (Parkfield style). It's they way we should prefer to do business. No Sylmars, Whittiers, Northridges, etc., thank you very much! Just the occasional burp, please.