Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The US/Mexico border region is having more 3.0+ quakes lately.

p.s. Did I get this post in at 11:38 am PST? [edit] Nope.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

We had a local 3.0 shaker (about 15 miles SW of me) today at 11:38am; how'd I miss feeling that one?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    We had a local 3.0 shaker (about 15 miles SW of me) today at 11:38am; how'd I miss feeling that one?
    What direction was that again? "SW" ...Awesome!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am really worried that Mother Nature will schedule a bad one - and not only that - at the most inconvenient time.

What if I'm playing MLB on the Wii again like during the Easter Quake?

I was able to pause my game and return to try and beat the Dodgers later, but I was too shaken to really concentrate and I had to quit that game in the 7th and not save it as I don't allow losses to L.A. to go on my record.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Buy a battery backup for your Nintendo Wii. You won't likely get one that can also power your big-screen TV, but at least it won't interrupt the console's saving.

They're saying that initial quake down there moved the earth 31 inches, and alleviated stress on the San Andreas fault.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    alleviated stress on the San Andreas fault.
    ?

Really?

That would be good news then.

The same people who said that aren't also real estate agents though, are they?

Lex Luthor has some beach front property in the Imperial Valley for sale.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

IIRC, while it released stress on the big fault, there was a smaller fault down there that was ired up by it, so it's a mixed bag.

Lex Luthor would have a pretty hard time selling that property, even if somehow magically the west side of the fault disappeared entirely, the majority of the state is on the land-mass side of the fault. Besides, California has plenty of beach-front property which isn't excessively valuable or even habitable, so why he thought everybody would want to move to the Nevada border to suffer in deserts that had no infrastructure or even water systems (growing an ocean wouldn't provide potable water) is beyond fathomable. "Evil genius"? More like "very lucky moron".

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The US/Mexico border region is having more 3.0+ quakes lately.
    It's just the Earth settling from all of the tunnels dug beneath it.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    IIRC, while it released stress on the big fault, there was a smaller fault down there that was ired up by it, so it's a mixed bag.

Lex Luthor would have a pretty hard time selling that property, even if somehow magically the west side of the fault disappeared entirely, the majority of the state is on the land-mass side of the fault. Besides, California has plenty of beach-front property which isn't excessively valuable or even habitable, so why he thought everybody would want to move to the Nevada border to suffer in deserts that had no infrastructure or even water systems (growing an ocean wouldn't provide potable water) is beyond fathomable. "Evil genius"? More like "very lucky moron".
    Once Cali becomes the second island state Nevada will have some prime sea front property (yeah I'm playing around a bit with that theory I know )

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I am really worried that Mother Nature will schedule a bad one - and not only that - at the most inconvenient time.

What if I'm playing MLB on the Wii again like during the Easter Quake?

I was able to pause my game and return to try and beat the Dodgers later, but I was too shaken to really concentrate and I had to quit that game in the 7th and not save it as I don't allow losses to L.A. to go on my record.
    So you are 'really worried' that it will inconvenience a video game? You realize how silly that sounds right?

No mention of Wednesday's Canadian Quake?
    There was a 5.0 magnitude quake along the Ontario-Quebec border, which was felt as far away as Michigan.

Actually, it was barely felt here in Michigan.
    A handful of people felt it and the local news blew it WAY out of proportion, as if the the epicenter were right beneath us.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!