Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    I heard some reports of being felt in U.P. and as far as Traverse City.

Several of my local friends on Facebox posted hysterical crap about that quake- I was working about 10 miles away from my house and none of the dozen people I was with felt anything, we heard about it on the radio and thought it was odd that not a one of us noticed it
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Seriously, the media coverage was ridiculous
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    No mention of Wednesday's Canadian Quake?
    There was a 5.0 magnitude quake along the Ontario-Quebec border, which was felt as far away as Michigan.
    Child's play compared to the 7.0s routinely felt from the Ontario epicenter known as the MabuDome. Locals are so used to it that they ignore the small stuff.

However, they are keen to listen for wolf howls.....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    So you are 'really worried' that it will inconvenience a video game? You realize how silly that sounds right?
    I know. I really didn't want to speak of the unthinkable: that my Transformers collection might be damaged.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Canada has earthquakes? I didn't know the land up there got so rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Once Cali becomes the second island state Nevada will have some prime sea front property (yeah I'm playing around a bit with that theory I know )
    My point is that it wouldn't be worth much at first even if magically the whole state disappeared. And the fault certainly wouldn't cause that, only a sliver of the state is west of it. Actually, even funnier really, Luthor's idiotic plan would only inflate values of areas he couldn't have bought up because they're already invested. Lancaster, San Jose, Palmdale, Victorville. And then there's a lot of MOUNTAINS, not deserts. The fault has created majestic mountain ranges which are nigh-uninhabitable and certainly have no infrastructure, his desert properties are BEHIND those mountains, so his deserts are still worthless, no ocean is going to get over them, and there's already cities in the other areas so he can't just buy them out. Plus, it's exceptionally difficult to build on desert, can't just lay a simple foundation.

Let's face it, Luthor's plan sucked bad and he was just lucky Superman didn't know his geography and geology better or he would have laughed in his face.

So you are 'really worried' that it will inconvenience a video game? You realize how silly that sounds right?
    Tycho is obsessed with this Wii MLB game, he has spent hours telling me about how he's crafted his perfect team, and now won't hook his Wii up to the internet because it'll update the players' stats and move them to their correct teams. He's heavily invested himself in that game.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Canada has earthquakes? I didn't know the land up there got so rude.
    Didn't feel a thing in Toronto... except faintly nauseous due to the over-hyped media reports about the supposed earthquake.
    BTW, Vancouver B.C.'s sitting on a major earthquake epicentre... part of the same plate tectonics issues that affect California. The downside of beautiful mountains, as JT mentioned.

We've got another kind of rude natural disaster: the G8 and G20 gang are here in town so there's a running battle on the streets between the cops (thousands of 'em) and the balaclava & molotov protesters. Apart from the running skirmishes, the downtown core's a ghost town.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    No mention of Wednesday's Canadian Quake?
    There was a 5.0 magnitude quake along the Ontario-Quebec border, which was felt as far away as Michigan.

Actually, it was barely felt here in Michigan.
    A handful of people felt it and the local news blew it WAY out of proportion, as if the the epicenter were right beneath us.
    Same here in WNY.

I should have felt it and it seemed 80% of the people I ran into did too. I guess the old rock layer that the NE is situated on means the magnitude is amplified and it would cover a wider scope of area.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Tycho is obsessed with this Wii MLB game, he has spent hours telling me about how he's crafted his perfect team, and now won't hook his Wii up to the internet because it'll update the players' stats and move them to their correct teams. He's heavily invested himself in that game.
    I would think completely moving his saved game data to an SD card (so no trace is on the Wii console), updating his Wii via the internet, then moving his game data back to the Wii (after the internet connection has been disconnected) would prevent that problem.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

That's a good suggestion Lord Malakite. However, I also have Adrian Gonzalez, Nick Hundley, and Chase Headley all batting in the 4-500's and Kevin Kouzmanoff is still on my team. I also have Ken Griffey, Jr. when he was great. And don't even get me started on who my pitchers are (though I can have almost all the Padres' starters except Mat Latos in not on the 2009 game and I'd have to go online to get him).

Doesn't matter though - because I still have Jake Peavy, Trevor Hoffman (in his prime), Ben Sheets (actually on Oakland in real life).

So I don't really want Internet updates to my team - though in real life the Padres are in First Place because of our awesome pitching staff - right through relievers Gregerson, Adams, and Bell (as closer). I still have Cla Meredith though and I'm using him as my closer (10 saves and counting) - that sidearm of his is wicked!

Now however, serious I sound about my Wii MLB game and my Transformers collection, people including myself, those I care about, and my pets could all be hurt or lose a lot in property damage, be cut off from their medacine, loved ones, etc. and all, in a serious earthquake. I was actually kidding about my priorities and concerns about an earthquake interrupting my video game.

However, with no actual great natural disaster in California (at present) I am concerned about my video game and Transformers collection - but I also wish there was something I could do for the people (and animals especially) in the Gulf States suffering from the BP Oil Spill.

But a really bad earthquake could make for very serious problems close to home, too - so I really hope it doesn't happen. Unfortunately, IT WILL. It is unavoidable. It is our destiny.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So I don't really want Internet updates to my team - though in real life the Padres are in First Place because of our awesome pitching staff - right through relievers Gregerson, Adams, and Bell (as closer).
    Believe me, being a big gamer myself I wouldn't want to mess up your current team either with internet updates if you are happy with it as they are. My suggestion was more so you could download Virtual Console/WiiWare games if you choose or to update your other Wii games/Wii console itself in the "general sense" without the fear accidentally messing up your MLB team stuff with an auto update.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection