Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    There are other video games? Really?

Looking around here there is actually even a small stack of them here - with titles having to do with something called Star Wars, the NFL, Indiana Jones, and Transformers - but my Wii "systems report" says I only log hours achieving victories with the San Diego Padres in MLB action.

If the system had a psychological profile, it would say I'm "nuts and crackerjacks and don't care if I ever get back...."

It says nothing about me being "a gamer."

I'm a PADRE!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A nice 5.9 southeast of Palm Springs and west of the Salton Sea, followed almost immediately (within three minutes) by a 3.6 just south of Palm Springs. I actually think we might've felt the 3.6 first, as there was a slight jolt, several seconds of nothing, then a pretty massive rumbling.

Personally, I blame Bel-Cam Jos. He put the Teek in my hand this morning. The ground beneath the Inland Empire simply wasn't prepared for such awesomeness.

Edit: first was actually south of Palm Springs, and the second was southwest.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's now down to "just" a 5.4 (I blame Teek for stealing the other 0.5). I was on a second floor room, and it rolled more than recent quakes have (less of a jolt). Thankfully, no reports of damage. At least three other aftershocks of at least 3.0 magnitude.

Life in California.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I was at Applebees at Happy Hour having a healthy apple-walnut-chicken-salad and watching the San Diego Padres (ahead over Washington at this point), sitting on my favorite bar stool talking with a hottie bartender and a couple more fine girls who were having their lunch there.

If it were The Big One, I'd have been ready to die because I was already in Heaven!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My apartment barely felt the first one, the cat didn't seem to care much, but the second one hit harder and my LCD tv shook violently while I watched my shelf of Transformers Alternators sway considerably, and the cat freaked on that one.

My sister was at her new job on the 17th floor in West LA and said it was extremely violent and everybody felt queasy for a while after.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We must've had about 500 quakes prior to the last week or so, as the site shows about 650 in CA/NV now, when it had been over 1100 last time. It's certainly been "earthquake weather" around here lately.

About half of the earthquakes in CA-NV and the NE border of Mexico over the last week have been around the US/Mex border. There were five quakes over 3.2 today, with a 4.0, too.

The Inland Empire extended area has had more little quakes lately, with a 4.1 around the Palm Springs area this week. Concern?

No, thank you. I'll take our shaking earth over spinning air or gushing water any day.