Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    I'm in OKC and these twisters are WICKED....

When was the 4.1? I should've felt that, or heard about it, but haven't.

And I'd prefer thunderstorms over earthquakes. But not tornadoes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    We must've had about 500 quakes prior to the last week or so, as the site shows about 650 in CA/NV now, when it had been over 1100 last time. It's certainly been "earthquake weather" around here lately.
    Don't get people started with that silly "earthquake weather" stuff, it's daft.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

On Friday, at 10:39am near Desert Hot Springs, according to the site, with 11 aftershocks there since then.

And "earthquake weather" is like any superstition: when it happens, it's true, and when it doesn't, well, that's just a fluke.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

More medium-level earthquake action in the Mexico/CA border region (a few 3.0s in the last few days, with lots of little 'uns), plus some in the Nor Cal coastal area.

Two 4.+ quakes in the last day (off the Socal coast, that Mexico/CA border region). But less overall CA/NV/Mex quakes (around 500 total) in the past week.

Quakes totals are down (below 500), but there've been more large ones in the CA-Mex border region (one at 5.0, others in 3.0-4.8 range).

Did all you CA dwellers survive the 7.8 shakeout today?

For those who don't know, today was the annual Great Shakeout, where schools or businesses prepare for a simulated earthquake, i.e. The Big One. It was a break in the rain while the students were out on the field lined up, thankfully.

There have been about 140+ new quakes over the past week or so, throughout various areas of CA, western NV, and NW Mexico (even in the Pacific Ocean). A few over 4.0, several others over 3.0 magnitude.

Less quakes lately, but the CA/NV border region has had more 3.0 and stronger ones. That's a concern.