Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Now the site shows "only" 632 quakes in the past week. That "swarm" (the media's fave term to use) of earthquakes came, it shook, it kicked its feet up to watch itself on the news. Then left. Now, SoCal has a big brush fire in the foothills.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

There was a mild quake here in LA the night before last, 3:30am, I was just falling asleep when it hit and I got up and moved Sideshow Commander Cody off the mantle - he's got so many breakable tiny parts that any fall would wreck him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm surprised BCJ hasn't reported this yet.

5.3 magnitude quake in King City, CA. Several aftershocks in the mid 2 to mid 3 magnitude range on-going since the original.

I live 200 miles SE from there...did not feel anything. At that magnitude, I'm surprised.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

So...my father-in-law calls up early this morning stating that they've had an earthquake (he's in Granada Hills) saying everyone's OK but he's not sure about the buildings. Concerned, my wife starts melting down the phone checking in with other Southland family members whose response is "what quake?". Grandpa felt a 3.8 temblor up the road in Newhall. I haven't heard any news of any problems reported yet. That magnitude is more of a hiccup.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

About 9am this morning, I felt a jolt. Turned out to be a 3.1 quake centered about 5 miles away or so. No damage.

CA and NV have had around 150 new quakes over the past week or so. Nothing over 3s on the Andy Richter scale, however.

That scale is underrated and underappreciated, and it's really stagnating from being held back by the O'Brien scale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The CA/NV site (which is beign phased out for a "better" one that's harder to narrow down or center and only shows 2.5+ quakes ) only shows 286 quakes over the last week. That's among the lowest I can ever recall in checking said website.

More of larger quakes around the border of CA, including a 5.1 in west NV, recently.

Same as my post above; less total quakes but more isolated larger ones (3.0+ - 4.0+) around the state.