Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    A recent 4.3 quake in the middle of the state today.
    In my own backyard. No one felt it here. How silly we Californians must be!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Several pockets of quakes around CA; my region has a collection of more little ones that recently. And that typical San Andreas line of dots up to the Bay Area looks thicker, too.
    "That's what Sheev said."

A 4.2 off the coast of central CA.
    In October, the annual Great Shakeout state-wide program to promote earthquake safety and preparedness will be held; our school will (likely) get to do a full scenario drill for the first time in its 11-year history.

TeeEye, have you felt any of the recent quakes centered in Lake Isabella, east of where you reside?

TeeEye, have you felt any of the recent quakes centered in Lake Isabella, east of where you reside?
    Nope, but I just saw this on the news. It was in the Weldon area (east of Lake Isabella). There were two quakes 3.6 and 4.2. It's rare if we feel those wimpy ones here on the valley floor. It did stir a little excitement in the Kern Valley, however. That's Lake Isabella, Mountain Mesa, Weldon, etc.

No earthquake but the power was out for 45-60 minutes which apparently was caused by a sandhill crane flying into some electrical wires.

Almost 1100 (not near 1138, though ) quakes in CA/NV the past week.

Today was CA's annual statewide "Great Shakeout" drill. I may have turned myself into one of the school's organizers of it; my area is "student release." I requested a standee of Gandalf with "You Shall Not Pass" on it. Safety is one of my big focuses; channeling my inner Fire Marshall Bill, I suppose. :ahguguguguk:

A few 4.0+ quakes around the state recently (most in the center of CA).

A few 4.0+ quakes around the state recently (most in the center of CA).
    Some of these have been in my neck of the woods. Lots of reports from local folks having felt them, but not this boy. If I have, I guess I've been getting them confused with large trucks rolling down the street! 4.0s pretty much feel like that...