Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    A 4.1 about fifteen minutes ago... near the Georgia/South Carolina border (in the general area of Columbia and Augusta).

That's just freaky.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

While its not earthquake related it is Midwest related, the Great Lakes are roughly 88% ice covered which is the second highest in recorded history.

Heard the Lakes were up over 90% iced, iced baby.

A 6.8 off the coast of NoCal, with several 3.0+/4.0+ quakes around it.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Yup, but it was warm the last few days so I'm sure that percentage is down somewhat.

A 6.8 off the coast of NoCal, with several 3.0+/4.0+ quakes around it.
    And luckily no tsunami Crescent City style.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...ecord_for.html

Yup it was 93.29% covered as of the other day. Not to sound like a smart a_s you can see where I live (the geographical area) from that satellite picture.

If you see that inland lake (Winnebago) and go east there is a bit of a bulge that goes into Lake Michigan, that is a city just north of where I am typing this message.

JT, are you alright? A 4.4 in your neck of the woods! Blink once for "okay;" blink twice for "Armageddon."

I felt nada here, but I was walking around after just awakening, so maybe I thought I was wobbly for other reasons.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I guess not (but I hope so), JT.

Should we be concerned over three distinct regions of the state (north off the coast, central, LA area) with 4.0+ quakes in the past week or so?

Nope. It's just typical California. We've had a bunch of 4+ activity in my area as you posted but nothing felt. None of these faults are interconnected. A lot of this never makes the news unless it's in the LA area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiB7ny52-xw

Also not to be confused with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eAT2sgISA

I wonder if this warning sign is from Crescent City, CA?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tsumani.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	28230