Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Count Dooku's master when he was a Jedi.

Was Yoda.

http://www.cinescape.com/24/editoria...e&obj_id=32885

So Yoda has to fight his padawan in Ep2, just like Obi-Wan has to fight his padawan later on.

Yoda's master was Mou Vie-Agente, and his master was, you guessed it, Kevin Bacon.

"It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Thanks for the link, Battle Droid

It is an interesting discussion . . . I wonder if AOTC will specifically reference the connection? Dooku is certainly an old goat, maybe Yoda really did have him as an apprentice before taking his place on the council.

Hmm . . . Yoda and Obi-Wan both lose padawans to the dark side, yet they are the only ones to survive the purge? It doesn't seem right

I wonder if Yoda kills Dooku in the cave on Dagboh, and that's why it's strong with the Dark Side of the Force.

I'll believe it when its confirmed on the offical website
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

It makes sense though. GL likes to keep everything tightly knit together, so Dooku's master is definately someone we know. This also explains Yoda's reluctance to train Luke even more, having known not one, but two Jedis fall to the Dark Side.

Has Christopher Lee been signed on to be in E3?

Also, Lee is in Gremlins 2, I didn't know that until today.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by GNT
    I'll believe it when its confirmed on the offical website
    I hear that but I would a cool turn of events...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

If it's true, I like how it explains the Yoda training Obi-Wan bit.

Heres the text for those too lazy to follow the link (like me):

Every Jedi has a Master. Every Master was once a Jedi Knight. Every Knight was once a Padawan.

Those of you following the spoilers closely know all about Count Dooku and how he was once a Jedi. He became disillusioned with the order and the corruption of the government and disappeared around the time of the events of THE PHANTOM MENACE. He went on to lead the Separatist Movement now threatening the Rebublic itself. Qui-Gon Jinn was once his Padawan and trained under him - but who trained Dooku?

HANNIBAL fills us in:

Most people now know that Count Dooku was the master of Qui-Gon Jinn. However, do you know who Dooku's Master was? It was none other than Yoda himself. Yoda was Dooku's teacher and Dooku was Qui-Gon's teacher thus we get an interesting line of teachers:

Yoda --> Dooku --> Qui-Gon --> Obi-Wan --> Anakin

That's pretty interesting but then again, Yoda trains a lot of Jedi and we'll see him training a group of kids known as the "Bear Clan" in EPISODE II. Also keep in mind the line from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK where Obi-Wan tells Luke that Yoda was the one who instructed him even though we find out all about Qui-Gon in EPISODE I. This idea of Yoda being a global/all-encompassing teacher sort of took care of that.

The real question here is this: Was Dooku an actual Padawan to Yoda? Or is this another instance of Yoda trained him as a kid and then he moved on. I'm getting the impression from HANNIBAL that Yoda actually had Dooku as a Padawan but you never know. We'll find out soon enough.

I think by the time Yoda was 800+ years old, he wasn't training individual padawans anymore. that would be too time consuming and he is more useful laying down the basics for several jedi wannabes than the intracacies to just one...

I really like your Dooku on Dagobah theory Battle Droid!! meesa add that to the Mace Death thread!!

I was reading through some of the articles on TFN, in particular the one on "Stuff around the Web" (here)about how Dooku fits in. I remeber on the posting from the other day about the Master Replicas lightsabers it had a quote from Dooku "As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours." I really didn't think too much of it until I read the post about how Dooku fits in.
    If Yoda was his master or he was initially trained by Yoda then perhaps he says this line to Yoda. We all know that Lucas has recurring themes throught the SW movies. This particular theme of the student vs the master seems to be a reccuring one. Obi-Wan vs Vader, Anakin vs Obi-Wan, now Dooku vs Yoda. Even the line from "A New Hope" is similar to the one from Dooku in AOTC. Vader: "When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master." Dooku: "As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours."

Lucas I believe also said we'll see why Yoda is the master in AOTC. No doubt he is referring to this fight.

I read this over at TheForce.net and found it interresting, so I'm passing it on...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.