Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anyone remember the Best catalog from the 80s?

I used to wait anxiously for each year's new catalog. There would be one per year and it showed the full line of every major toy. I loved how they would set up large dioramas for that year's toy lines. There would be page after page of action figures, all displayed in battle scenes. I've searched around a bit online for these, but couldn't find any being sold or displayed.

Anyone know where pictures can be found?
    Anyone even know what I'm talking about?

Which one was the best ?

I always liked looking through the Sears toy catalog...made me drool.

Up here in Canada at least it was Sears and Consumers had the best catalogues, I would carefully circle anything I kinda liked. I remember up here seing the palitoy Death Star one year- a couple of my friends got it, it was pretty fun, but in the catalogue it looked freakin incredible (coudln't see how much flat cardboard it was)

They truly were exciting things, I have seens scans of them online but couldn't tell you where, sorry!!
    Iso&Baws
    My parents HATED them too, which shows how good they were
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I used to make my mom save those things so I could browse throughout the year.

:bearded deuce:

I recall Best, but they were only around after we moved from one state to another (in middle school), so I don't remember the toys in the catalog that well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Maradona, check out this website...

www.plaidstallions.com

You will not be disappointed. This guy has the best collection of toy catalogs I've ever seen. Plus a bunch of other great stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's, including fashions from the catalogs of these eras. I spend hours at time looking at this site. Good times and brings back great memories from childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    Maradona, check out this website...

www.plaidstallions.com

You will not be disappointed. This guy has the best collection of toy catalogs I've ever seen. Plus a bunch of other great stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's, including fashions from the catalogs of these eras. I spend hours at time looking at this site. Good times and brings back great memories from childhood
    WOW! That site is an amazing resource! Thank you.

For those that may not know, Best was sort of a department store that existed until around the late 80s in my neck of the woods. They were were famous for their uniquely designed showrooms.

http://www.siteenvirodesign.com/proj.best.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Products

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    WOW! That site is an amazing resource! Thank you.
    Always a pleasure to spread the goodness of those wonderful decades any way possible

Glad you like it

Check out the old playground sets section too, if you get a chance. Talk about memories. And sad that things like that don't exist much anymore. Everything is plastic and "safe". Geez, part of growing up was getting cuts and bruises from rusted, metal playground sets and bum burns from metal slides baking in the sun all day

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    Always a pleasure to spread the goodness of those wonderful decades any way possible

Glad you like it

Check out the old playground sets section too, if you get a chance. Talk about memories. And sad that things like that don't exist much anymore. Everything is plastic and "safe". Geez, part of growing up was getting cuts and bruises from rusted, metal playground sets and bum burns from metal slides baking in the sun all day
    Those were the good days...

OMG! I remember going to the Best Store in Towson Md several times when I was a kid . . . I all but forgot about it until I looked that the Wiki entry. That store was cool looking . . very unusual for the time.

And the Best Catalogs were the bomb!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"