Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The deco is supposedly "clean" while the wide-release one is "dirty," and the cardback has a fold-out scene like the 1998 EU figures' ones did.
    That smells of "variant" to me. Which wouldn't be too bad... if it arrives. I have two ordered: one with check a-cashed, one pending.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Oh well, not that big of a deal. Funny thing is I just let some freinds know today that I should be getting these any day know. I guess I break the news to them tomorrow.

No postcard for me as yet, but I did notice that now both my checks've been cashed. But I suppose we have to put this in perspective: it took a full TEN YEARS for the clone army to be developed, so a teeny tiny delay on a clone (much smaller size, though) is bound to occur.

This also calls for a parody song, by Captain Wrecks In Effect:

"All I wanna get-get-get is my figure
    Just send the fig!
    All I wanna get-get-get is my figure
    Just send the fig!
    Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, 1-2-3-4 (figs)
    Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, 1-2-3 (figs)
    Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, 1-2 (figs)
    Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, cashed."

I got my postcard yesterday. Love the quality control on the wording:

"Dear Clone Wars Figure Requestor" (am I some sort of super villain? Here to destroy the city is... Requestor! With the power to delay shipments and reduce quality of products! ... am I being labeled as a "requester," I assume?)

"Captain Rex collectable figure" (A thank a know whit they ire tilkang ibout; spell it "collectible" please)

Also a couple extra space bars were typed in between words.

Yes, I am aware that I am nitpicking. But that's because I'm a tad frustrated.

I think "collectable" is becoming acceptable to the masses due to common usage.

However, I'm with George Carlin: "F*** common usage!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Isn't spell check a great tool...to use!!

So, should we start eagerly waiting for this one in the mail now that it's close to the end of July?

My first one came in today. I think I still have a few more coming, I still need to send off for some more just to use up some of my old UPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by SplFrcsCWO View Post
    Can you send in for more than 1 figure per entry?
    No, I'm pretty sure it's 1 figure per order form.

I actually received 1 out of the 2 Rex figures that I sent away for. The timing was very interesting, of course. While hitting a few stores this morning for a regular Rex, I was even wondering when it might arrive. It kind of defeats the purpose when you get the regular version before the preview version, which will be the case for many collectors.