Comparison Pictures Request

Hi all,

I was never really interested int he animated style stuff, save some interest in the planned Ashoka (because they said no realistic plans for her) and Plo Koon (cause the lightsaber gauntlet is just too damn cool) However, i picked up the target exclusive Commander Fox when I saw him. I personally like his armor design alot, and while I normally leave exclusives like that packaged, hes been fairly common around here so I was debating opening him and standing him with the rest of my collection.

However, I find myself wondering how he'll look up with the rest of my troopers, and thus was wondering if any of you fine folks out there have got and opened some of the clone wars clones, and could maybe provide some comparison pictures of them along with the reguar lines Clones. If I like how they mesh, I might even go grab a Rex figure.

Thanks a bunch for your time and attention,

~Umbra
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Personally, I think the animated Clonetroopers look better than the "realistic" versions. But I don't have any photos since I got rid of all my non-animated Clonetroopers on Ebay a few months back and have just been buying the animated version.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah I had a chance to get Commander Fox and I passed. Now I'm regretting it. I was actually stressing to hard on the condition of the case and box. They really weren't that bad, but I was in that mood where I was stressin on any lil ding.

I thought more would come, and they told me they were getting more. But you can't ever trust employees, they just tell you enough to get you outta their face.

I still prefer the realistic clones, though the animated bug is calling me. I'm resisting buying these single carded, knowing Hasbro's penchant for rereleasing figures in battle packs. I've got plenty of clones and commanders that I can easily make a custom Rex.

Personally I won't mix animated with realistic with the only possible exception of Ahsoka and that's a stretch still at this point.
    Move along, move along

I've loved the idea of animated style figures since 1986 when the original Ewoks and Droids cartoon lines debuted. However, by 1986, GI Joe had far surpassed Star Wars toys in terms of quality and articulation, so the figures were easy to overlook. I also really enjoyed the 2003/2004 animated Clone Wars line, but wasn't too crazy about the preposed statue styling.

This line seems to present the perfect mix of animated styling with super-articulation. So it's a perfect way for me to get back into the prequel characters without feeling like I have to go track down 5 or 6 year old figures to complete the set.

Also, the most likely scenario here is these figures are going to be produced within a very tight window, because marketing to kids means marketing to fickle buyers with short attention spans. So we're not going to have the great divergence in quality that we see with figures from the films.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I dont know I think these Clone Wars figures are here to stay, as most other boards I frequent I usually here the same thing "I wasnt going to get the whole lot...... Until I saw them in my hand and want them all now, with the exception of Yoda", sorry Hasbro these figures are great - however you dropped the ball on Yoda (if you could redo him without the gimmicks and a slightly smaller head then I would get him in a heart beat).

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    ...with the exception of Yoda", sorry Hasbro these figures are great - however you dropped the ball on Yoda (if you could redo him without the gimmicks and a slightly smaller head then I would get him in a heart beat).
    I actually liked CW Yoda alot.
    He was the only one I picked up at MM.