Hybrid View

DELAYED Captain Rex SNEAK PREVIEW Premium Figure

Being that I live in Bozeman, MT, where you have to send your cards and proofs-of-purchases to get the Captain Rex figure, I am probably one of the first people to receive this notice.

The postcard I received today, May 1st, stating the delay reads as follows:

"Dear Clone Wars Figure Requestor:

We have received your redemption request for the Clone Wars 2008 Captain Rex collectable figure. Due to an unanticipated production delay, we will be unable to ship the figure(s) to you until the last week of July, 2008. If you don't want to wait until then, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund by calling our toll-free customer service number, (800) 327-8264. Customer service hours are M-TH 8:30am-5:30am; Fr 8:30am-12:30pm. If we do not hear from you by July 1, 2008, we assume that you have agreed to this shipment delay. Please DO NOT call the toll-free number unless you want to cancel your order. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay."

The card has the Clone Wars logo on it that looks like the one on the offer on the packages and it was sent from right here in town (PO Box 10760 Bozeman, MT 59717).

If I could scan this in I would- however you will all be receiving the notice soon enough BUT-

You heard it from me, first

So you'll be able to buy the figure in stores before your "preview" version arrives?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I don't mind the wait but...they cashed my check already!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So you'll be able to buy the figure in stores before your "preview" version arrives?
    Excellent point, that sucketh mightily!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i'm not surprised. i figured hasbro would under estimate the demand for the figure and push the release back. the same is happening with GI Joe figures, hasbro seriously dropped the ball on that line. i haven't seen a new figure on the pegs since the wave with Snow Job and Gold Destro.

also look at the last wave of Saga Legends...these guys are extremely hard to find and comic shops are charging $20 a figure.

the problem is that hasbro has yet to figure out how to give enough product so that everyone has a chance of finding them on the pegs and not oversaturating the figures of the main heroes like Anakin, Kenobi, Luke etc.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hey, sell your postcard on eBay for $7 plus postage (wait until after May 12 when stamps go up to $.42), and you'll make a cool TWO CENTS PROFIT! Take that, Hasbro! MMMOOOOOWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Now this offer shall be henceforth known as... Captain Wrecks.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(