Page 137 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1897
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I hope Sun Drop sells well nationwide so they'll start carrying the caffeine-free variety around here.
    It sells best in the Carolina's and in one small section of NE Wisconsin (I work for Dr. Pepper which sells Sun Drop so I'm not totally talking out of my butt here)

BCJ, pho is tasty!!!!

It used to be that such sodas were somewhat segregated: Mountain Dew in the west, Mellow Yellow in the east. Now it's all integrated, plus a multicultural Sun Drop world. Not even counting Shasta or store brands. If I were to rank them by taste:
    1) Mountain Dew
    2) most store brands
    3) Mellow Yellow
    4) Sun Drop

Today's lunch? This month's Subway special sub: Smokehouse BBQ Chicken; quite nice. Water, some chips and dip.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It used to be that such sodas were somewhat segregated: Mountain Dew in the west, Mellow Yellow in the east. Now it's all integrated, plus a multicultural Sun Drop world. Not even counting Shasta or store brands.
    That's because Coke, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group has bought up these seperate sodas and waters and energy drinks and this and that and freaking everything!

Today is "something microwaved from the freezer", I have no real desire for any specific tastes, so it's probably just going to be something low sodium because I overdid it yesterday.

Saturday, I discovered the most amazing thing ever - Foster's Freeze has a "Chocolate Chip" shake/malt on their menu (malts are like 25 cents extra), and I was curious how that worked so I asked the lady at the window, and she blew my mind. There are no chocolate chips, instead they take their cone-dip chocolate shell dip and pour it into the bottom of the shake cup, then fill up the shake with vanilla ice cream which causes the shell dip to harden, then blend it which causes the hardened shell dip to break into tiny straw-friendly bites of perfection. Chocolate chip malted shake was so good, I considered ralphing up my lunch just to have more. I've loved Foster's dipped cones since I was a kid, but they've always been too messy and you run out of shell before ice cream, this fixes ALL of that - the bottom of the cup is filled with chocolate so when you're done with the shake there's still more chocolate to eat. Granted, shell dip is chocolate sauce with fat, the fat hardens when cold, so it's death in a cup, but what a way to go! I suspect I'll need to take my niece there at some point in the next few weeks to blow her mind - she's grown up by one, but never been.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Naga Jolokia is the ghost pepper. I think it may have been very recently unseated, but it's the hottest known pepper (or at least was).

I don't dislike vinegar. I actually quite like it, but the vinegar content in the basic Tabasco is so high that it hurts my teeth to use more than a little of it.

I hope Sun Drop sells well nationwide so they'll start carrying the caffeine-free variety around here.
    Oh, ok, I hear ya, I am aware of the ghost pepper. You are really swinging for the fences, gonna burn a hole in your stomach.

Your teeth are that sensitive to acids? You should ask your dentist about using a sensitive toothpaste regularly, assuming you don't have soft teeth (and if you do, you should talk to your dentist about using Act every day or every other day, or getting an MI paste). Tycho and I have a friend who uses sensitive toothpaste every day for her sensitive teeth, I hadn't heard about that because the box warnings make it seem like a short-term-use-only thing, I asked my dentist and he said that's only so people don't use it to cover up pain from cavities or trouble spots, but that some folks should use it regularly once they've been cleared for it.

We haven't had a caffeine-free Mountain Dew or Dew Clone in I think 2 decades in Southern California, but you might want to write to Galco Soda Pop Stop in Highland Park (northeast of downtown LA) and ask them to stock it, they have a lot of rare and out-of-state sodas. LMK if you find any Dew Clone caffeine-free, I'm very interested to try that flavor again without having heart palpitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I drove past a few pho places today, but wasn't inspired enough by Chux' and Tricks' Place to try them.
    See, now you're just hurting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    That's because Coke, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group has bought up these seperate sodas and waters and energy drinks and this and that and freaking everything!
    And yet there are still a lot of regional versions of national-brand soft drinks, even after they've been corporatized. There are Coke and Pepsi variants in local areas due partly to the local bottlers and partly to local tastes. IMO, these companies should risk more markets for their wares, I'm usually up for trying something new.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And yet there are still a lot of regional versions of national-brand soft drinks, even after they've been corporatized. There are Coke and Pepsi variants in local areas due partly to the local bottlers and partly to local tastes. IMO, these companies should risk more markets for their wares, I'm usually up for trying something new.
    Yup, its funny because 'we' (Dr. Pepper) make the soda for a large grocery chain in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northern Illionois and I wonder how much of a difference in taste there is between Sunkist and their orange soda.

Bowl of udon with vegetables and a shrimp tempura-- and a Diet Coke.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yup, its funny because 'we' (Dr. Pepper) make the soda for a large grocery chain in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northern Illionois and I wonder how much of a difference in taste there is between Sunkist and their orange soda.
    I'm assuming different batches, different ingredients, different mixes. Plus, most orange soda doesn't have caffeine while Sunkist does.

PS - say 'hi' to the Snapple Lady for me. (crap, I just found out someone at Cadberry Schweppes fired her a few years ago. WTF? That's not Schweppervescence!)

Lunch today is I don't care. Maybe it's a healthy freezer meal. Maybe it's a burger from Carl's Jr. Maybe it's Panda Express. Maybe it's making steamed rice and eggplant curry at home. Who knows? NOT ME APPARENTLY!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Two slices of cheese pizza made from scratch by my 12-year-old niece! Really tasty stuff! I'm proud of her!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm assuming different batches, different ingredients, different mixes. Plus, most orange soda doesn't have caffeine while Sunkist does.
    Well 'we' make Sunkist and we make Crush along with the orange soda for the grocery chain I mentioned above. I like to say its the same as in the Simpsons episode where Homer and Barney visit the Duff Brewery and we learn that Duff, Duff Light and Duff Dry are the same beer.

As for myself today I had a pb and honey sandwich and raspberry/lemonade juice.

I ended up having Zatarains Dirty Rice from the freezer, it's a very interesting item, all low notes but it's got charm. Impressively, I tried to apply some extra heat (it's fairly tame) via Sriracha late in the bowl, but the red rooster got DOMINATED by this dish, I put in a lot before I could even taste it, and it never got hot.

Well 'we' make Sunkist and we make Crush along with the orange soda for the grocery chain I mentioned above. I like to say its the same as in the Simpsons episode where Homer and Barney visit the Duff Brewery and we learn that Duff, Duff Light and Duff Dry are the same beer.
    Haw! If it weren't for the caffeine, I'd believe it. Then again, I've had generics that tasted like doodoo which I knew for a fact came from the same bottler as the national brand versions right next to them.