Page 144 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1916

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sounds like diarrhea for the evening.

Doritos Taco, what did you think? I tried it a couple weeks ago, just seemed extra salty to me.
    Thankfully, normal digestion that day. They were just what they seem: like you'd have eaten some seasoned ground beef, cheese, and lettuce with Doritos.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Thankfully, normal digestion that day. They were just what they seem: like you'd have eaten some seasoned ground beef, cheese, and lettuce with Doritos.
    Glad to hear you survived your Runs for the border. At least you tasted Doritos, to me it just didn't meld well. I don't think I like Doritos with other stuff now that I think about it though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't tried it. Then again, I hate Doritos and would rather eat dog poop than Taco Bell. Given the choice, I'd pick Del Taco or a local taco stand over Taco Bell 110% of the time. So I don't think that's for me.

They opened a Taco Bell in town a few weeks ago, and, every time I drive by it, I weep and cry, "Why, Lord, why? Why a Taco Hell and not an In & Out?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I haven't tried it. Then again, I hate Doritos and would rather eat dog poop than Taco Bell. Given the choice, I'd pick Del Taco or a local taco stand over Taco Bell 110% of the time. So I don't think that's for me.

They opened a Taco Bell in town a few weeks ago, and, every time I drive by it, I weep and cry, "Why, Lord, why? Why a Taco Hell and not an In & Out?"
    You *hate* Doritos??? How is that possible? I cannot even fathom such a thing.

Taco Bell is uber-cheap and profitable, and their dumb little restaurants pop up pretty much instantly. After the LA riots, Taco Bell said they wanted to help the community by coming back immediately, they set up that day on the site of their destroyed store a big countdown clock and a build crew, and within 36 hours they had finished building a new Taco Bell. On the one hand it was kind of a positive message, on the other hand it's Taco Bell.

Just this morning I was discussing my disinterest in Taco Bell on another forum and came up with my list of fast food places. Since moving to a better part of town with more store options and better restaurants I've gotten out of the habit of fast food in general, and Taco Bell was pretty low on my list to begin with, so here's my ranked list:

Carl's Jr > Chipotle > Subway > Jack in the Box > Panda Express > In & Out [yeah I said it! Not #1] > Arbys > Popeyes > KFC > Del Taco > Rally's > El Pollo Loco [they've slipped a lot lately as their prices have outgrown their quality] > Wendy's [ditto] > Burger King > McDonalds > Taco Bell [I can't think of a fast food chain I'd less like to solicit these days, I actually thought Taco Bell was higher but I can't think of a single one on this list I wouldn't go to first before Taco Bell]

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My hating Doritos goes back to second grade. We had mandatory show and tell. One kid had forgotten to bring anything, so he fudged it by showing off the bag of Doritos he'd brought for lunch. And he read the ingredients. That grossed me out and I've never been able to eat them again. I guess it's because I was so young and it ingrained itself in my mind, because I normally don't have a problem eating garbage that I know is garbage, and I know on a conscious level they're no different from most other chips, but they still make me nauseous.

In & Out wouldn't necessarily be my favorite, but it's the one I have to drive 30 minutes to get to if I head west, and even further if I head west or south. And that one to the west is always packed, since it's the only one for a pretty good while in any direction surrounding it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It was kind of the opposite for me with Doritos. As a kid, I didn't think I would like Doritos, or any Mexican food either. Then one day I was visiting my sister and she had a big bowl filled with Doritos and I couldn't stop eating them. Still, I don't eat them much, as I grew up in a home that rarely had chips of any kind in the house, and I don't buy them very often either, unless I get the multipacks of the small bags to put in my lunch. I haven't gotten those in a few months, though, as I have tried other things to put in my lunch instead.

I've eaten out more in the past couple years than I had the previous six years that I had lived in my house. I still don't go to fast food places much, but McDonald's and Subway are two that I like. With McDonald's, I have a good idea of what I like and what to expect, so I usually prefer to eat there when I am in an airport. With Subway, I pretty much get the same thing (turkey) with the same toppings (lettuce, pickles, olives, light mayo) on wheat bread. A bit healthier option than most fast food, other than all the sodium. However, I usually try for a healthier option at McDonald's (chicken wrap and smoothie, but usually get fries as well, and sometimes add a cheeseburger or a second chicken wrap). I went to Jack in the Box a month or two ago for the first time in years, and didn't know what to get. I ended up with one of the chicken salads.

One of my favorite food combos as a kid was a hamburger with Doritos as a topping (usually just ketchup, too).

I "won" a bet at school when a kid put a Dorito chip on the ground and dared me to eat it; it was there less than 5 seconds, not near any visible gunk, I knew how it got there, so I figured, hey - free snack!

I liked their special "Cheeseburger at Midnight" flavor Doritos, but alas, they seem to be gone forever. I asked the Frito Lay guy who was stocking chip bags at the grocery store yesterday if there was a reason why it was getting hard to find their Southwest Chili bean dip, and he said it was a poor seller and was being phased out. Why do I like the styles, brands, flavors that the companies don't?
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm thinking Apricot Chicken Salad and maybe a mini chicken tamale for today.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    My hating Doritos goes back to second grade. We had mandatory show and tell. One kid had forgotten to bring anything, so he fudged it by showing off the bag of Doritos he'd brought for lunch. And he read the ingredients. That grossed me out and I've never been able to eat them again. I guess it's because I was so young and it ingrained itself in my mind, because I normally don't have a problem eating garbage that I know is garbage, and I know on a conscious level they're no different from most other chips, but they still make me nauseous.

In & Out wouldn't necessarily be my favorite, but it's the one I have to drive 30 minutes to get to if I head west, and even further if I head west or south. And that one to the west is always packed, since it's the only one for a pretty good while in any direction surrounding it.
    Huh, that's a weird one. Most of the ingredients in Doritos are just preservative chemicals, kinda basic stuff. I guess if you're a kid though, you don't know that some of those chemicals are normal stuff, they sound weird. Kinda sensitive, huh? The only food I ever had that with was strawberry Whoppers, once I found out they were using insect-derived red food dye, that was too gross for me.

I haven't seen an In & Out that wasn't crowded for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    It was kind of the opposite for me with Doritos. As a kid, I didn't think I would like Doritos, or any Mexican food either. Then one day I was visiting my sister and she had a big bowl filled with Doritos and I couldn't stop eating them. Still, I don't eat them much, as I grew up in a home that rarely had chips of any kind in the house, and I don't buy them very often either, unless I get the multipacks of the small bags to put in my lunch. I haven't gotten those in a few months, though, as I have tried other things to put in my lunch instead.

I've eaten out more in the past couple years than I had the previous six years that I had lived in my house. I still don't go to fast food places much, but McDonald's and Subway are two that I like. With McDonald's, I have a good idea of what I like and what to expect, so I usually prefer to eat there when I am in an airport. With Subway, I pretty much get the same thing (turkey) with the same toppings (lettuce, pickles, olives, light mayo) on wheat bread. A bit healthier option than most fast food, other than all the sodium. However, I usually try for a healthier option at McDonald's (chicken wrap and smoothie, but usually get fries as well, and sometimes add a cheeseburger or a second chicken wrap). I went to Jack in the Box a month or two ago for the first time in years, and didn't know what to get. I ended up with one of the chicken salads.
    Why didn't you think you'd like Mexican food? I could understand something middle eastern or Indian - those foods are very difficult for western children's palettes to handle - but I am curious what you found distrustful of Mexican food. I hear ya on gobbling Doritos though, they are addictive, I stopped buying them in general.

McDonalds has 1 good feature: consistency. They're so lousy at making the meat taste like food, and so salty and pre-flavored on the fries, that whether it's a stand-alone, a Walmart, or I guess an airport, it's always the same. I recommend nobody who likes McDonalds ever has a plain hamburger with no sauce, that will ruin them for you forever. They get by on cheeses, dehydrated onions, pickles, and sauces, all of which are out of control of the store's employees anyway.

Jack in the Box is the bomb! 2 tacos for a dollar if you're in the mood for that taste. Any sirloin burger if you're way hungry. Sourdough Bacon Cheeseburger or Ultimate Cheeseburger if you're in that sort of mood, but order it "no ketchup" because that just ruins them both. Chicken Fajita Pita is good for a different taste. Mini churros for dessert, oh man (they're filled with vanilla). They have an outstanding variety of things, but it's challenging to decide what to get. If you get the Jumbo Jack, make sure to forgo ketchup & mayo, ask for secret sauce - they don't put it on anymore, but give it to you in a packet, but it's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    One of my favorite food combos as a kid was a hamburger with Doritos as a topping (usually just ketchup, too).

I "won" a bet at school when a kid put a Dorito chip on the ground and dared me to eat it; it was there less than 5 seconds, not near any visible gunk, I knew how it got there, so I figured, hey - free snack!

I liked their special "Cheeseburger at Midnight" flavor Doritos, but alas, they seem to be gone forever. I asked the Frito Lay guy who was stocking chip bags at the grocery store yesterday if there was a reason why it was getting hard to find their Southwest Chili bean dip, and he said it was a poor seller and was being phased out. Why do I like the styles, brands, flavors that the companies don't?
    I suspect like the Taco Bell doritos taco, if I tried that hamburger with doritos all I'd taste is saltiness.

Cheeseburger at Midnight is a limited time flavor, but it's returned twice so far, so don't give up hope of seeing it again.

Funny, I was thinking I'd recommend Jack's tacos as well. They're nothing at all like authentic tacos, but they're quite good, especially for the price.
    Tommy, close your eyes.