Page 28 of 191 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Chipotle leftovers: two beef soft tacos. Sadly, the tortilla chips vaporized (ravenous family members) before I could get to them. They really rock!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Chipotle leftovers: ... Sadly, the tortilla chips vaporized (ravenous family members) before I could get to them. They really rock!
    Did they have a lime taste? Last time I went there, I thought so, asked someone who said "not really." I'm not crazy, or am I...? :crazyaboutfood:
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Did they have a lime taste? Last time I went there, I thought so, asked someone who said "not really." I'm not crazy, or am I...? :crazyaboutfood:
    Yep. Lime it is. They really pack a unique flavor. It's an absolute feeding frenzy with my little family when we bring Chipotle tortilla chips home with the meal. I'm surprised they're not offered in grocery stores.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yesterday, I had the meal I consider the most filling, best tasting, cheapest of any: large (8 pieces) order of Little Caesar's Crazy Bread. :drool: Today, I'll try a grocery store-bought microwavable White Castle cheeseburger for the first time. If I never post again, you'll all know my cause of death.
    Crazy Bread is awesome!!! I hate when they give you the old dry ones though. The chain is disappearing from my area, so I haven't had it in a while.

Those White Castle microwave burgers are actually pretty decent and close to the real McCoy, but you have to make sure you don't undercook them (it's really easy) or overcook them (I assume, as I've never actually overcooked them).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    Not especially lunch related as they were merely a snack this evening, but the Screamin' Dill Pickle Pringles are fan-freaking-tastic. Oddly enough, they're good due to the fact that they taste exactly like a pickle. I've had pickle flavored chips before that boast being pickle flavored simply by virtue of having more salt and vinegar than normal salt and vinegar chips and they're just nasty.

I was both disgusted and intrigued by them, so Mrs. Solo grabbed a tube for me at Wally World yesterday and I can now highly recommend them.
    Dagnabit, now I have to try those and the Buffalo Wings ones on the page. Generally, I loathe pickle-flavored potato chips because they're sweet, tasting like bread & butter pickles which I can't stand. But dill pickles don't, so hopefully that'll be the case with the chips too. Then again, I love salt & vinegar chips.

I've never had 'em, but pretty much all tortilla chips of any pretense of authenticity have lime flavor in them, as lime is used to break down the corn a little so it can be turned into masa, I believe.

I had for early lunch a Trader Joe's microwave roast beef & peppers grilled sandwich, and for my late afternoon snack it was Trader Joe's Spicy Ranchero egg-white salad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Crazy Bread is awesome!!! I hate when they give you the old dry ones though. The chain is disappearing from my area, so I haven't had it in a while.

Those White Castle microwave burgers are actually pretty decent and close to the real McCoy, but you have to make sure you don't undercook them (it's really easy) or overcook them (I assume, as I've never actually overcooked them).
    I know; that's like burning microwave popcorn; you expect it to be wonderful (and usually is) but then it's ruined. Ruined! There's two local places (one inside the K-Mart) near me; used to be many more.

Never had "real" WC burgers, so I can't compare them.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Kmart Little Caesars are usually the ones who foist the dried up old Crazy Bread on me, to boot. Kmart has a way of ruining everything.

I've never been back east, but here in LA in the early '80s, White Castle opened some west coast stores called, creatively, "West Castle", which bombed within 2 years. I was told by afficiandos that they were indeed the same quality/flavor.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quiznos toasted subs are the best

the Steakhouse Beef Dip is my favorite, even tho the name makes me remember a few of the football players back in high school
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose
    great traders: jedigeorge6; jedi master sal; ncbarret; darkjedi5; cookiemonster; phantom-like menace

[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Dagnabit, now I have to try those and the Buffalo Wings ones on the page.
    I wasn't impressed with those. The flavor bypasses "subtle" and goes right to "weak". Not only that, but the taste is 100% Frank's Red Hot. Now I'm a bigger fan of Red Hot than the normal person, but eating potato chips that taste like they were soaked in it for twenty minutes is not good eats.

The Jalapeño Cheddar ones on the other hand are very good.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Frank's is costly, but, luckily, there are many knockoffs that taste almost exactly the same. That flavor is indispensible in any arsenal of hot sauces.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Frank's is costly, but, luckily, there are many knockoffs that taste almost exactly the same. That flavor is indispensible in any arsenal of hot sauces.
    I never had an issue with the price. I think I pay $2.39 for the big bottle of it (16 oz.?) and it lasts me a few months.

I do however have to take exception with the "substitutes" for it. I've never found one that is quite right, either in flavor or texture (some are too watery and some are too gloppy).
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.