Page 79 of 189 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
    And, it was... soap... poisoning! Or, just leftover rice and corn.

Yesterday, went to Island's and got their Malibu burger (lettuce, bacon, cheese, mustard, onions... hold the pickles, had to add my own ketchup) and endless fries with their fruit punch (I always wonder if it's Hawaiian Punch, but forget to ask them). Today? Unknown.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Yesterday a buddy told of this crazy sandwich he had recently. It was a hot ham and cheese but instead of frying it like 'normal' you instead dunk it in egg batter and do it up french toast style. I tried it (sans the ham, I don't have any) and I have to say it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Yesterday a buddy told of this crazy sandwich he had recently. It was a hot ham and cheese but instead of frying it like 'normal' you instead dunk it in egg batter and do it up french toast style. I tried it (sans the ham, I don't have any) and I have to say it was pretty good.
    Sounds like a Monte Cristo or a Monte Carlo. Apparently it goes by both. I had that a couple times many years ago. Pretty good. A French toast ham sandwich, and I think they put powdered sugar and jam on top as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Sounds like a Monte Cristo or a Monte Carlo. Apparently it goes by both. I had that a couple times many years ago. Pretty good. A French toast ham sandwich, and I think they put powdered sugar and jam on top as well.
    I think he called it a Monte Cristo. One thing I saw recently on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Breakfast" was a pb and banana French toast. I made it a few days ago and it was AWESOME!

Yesterday was birthday brunch at Sizzler for my grandma's 80th, she likes the Siz. Their brunch has an omelet bar with made-to-order waffles which are very good. They also have french toast and pancakes in the kitchen, I had 3 waffles, 2 little pieces of french toast, an omelet, chorizo & eggs, a little bacon, and sausage links. I was full until this morning.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yesterday was birthday brunch at Sizzler for my grandma's 80th, she likes the Siz.
    There is a former Sizzler restaurant that closed, but the new owners "borrowed" the "Sizz" part on the sign (I think it's called "Sizzling Steaks" or something now).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    There is a former Sizzler restaurant that closed, but the new owners "borrowed" the "Sizz" part on the sign (I think it's called "Sizzling Steaks" or something now).
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's better than "Jons" markets out here, who bizarrely is now a successful chain on their own and doesn't have to buy Vons stores.

I had a freezer meal, balsamic vinegar chicken with orzo pasta and green beans. Not bad, I usually don't like orzo (don't tell the greek side of my family) but this is tasty.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Reminds me of Happy Gilmore. "Hey Shooter you wanna go to the Sizzler?"

Today's lunch was a hot dog and green salad with italian dressing.