Page 42 of 180 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    I got all three items from the 89-cent menu at Taco Bell since I had been out canvassing semi-pointlessly for a few hours; it was freaking cold, Taco Bell was on the way back, and burritos are good any day of the week.

I had a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut and an order of breadsticks. It was the shiz... haven't had Pizza Hut in ages.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I had to pick up the slack with my grandmother, my mom had to cancel last minute, so I had to suffer road food again. This time it was Burger King, my "one last chance" for this chain. Had a Whopper Jr. no mayo well-done, 4pc chicken tenders with bbq sauce, and small onion rings with zesty sauce. Whopper jr sucked, didn't do a good job burning it, very flavorless and soggy everything as usual. Tenders have really lost their luster over the last few years, even their usually decent flavor just didn't deliver, and bbq sauce not as good either. Onion Rings delivered though, and love that zesty sauce they stole.

All in all, Burger King has officially dropped to the bottom of my fast food chain, which I never would have expected 5 years ago where they were near the top (I've been down on BK in the past, then gave them another chance, but I think this is it).

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    I had roast chicken with roast potatoes, sprouts, mashed carrot, peas and chicken stock gravy.

chicken was a bit cruddy though. not a lot of decent meat on it.
    You sure that wasn't your early bird senior dinner? (I wonder if that joke will cross the Atlantic)

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I had a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut and an order of breadsticks. It was the shiz... haven't had Pizza Hut in ages.
    Oh snap! You just had my lunch almost every day at my job at the video store when I was 15. Stupid Pizza Hut next door on top of a super short lunch break.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've always preferred McDonald's to Burger King, but mostly because I am more familiar with it. It's been a long time since I've been to Burger King. When I go into a fast food place I'm not familiar with, I get confused trying to figure out the menu on the spot. Other than McDonald's, the other places I usually go to are Taco Bell and Subway, and I usually get the same thing. Chicken soft taco and/or bean burrito at Taco Bell (though the last time I went they no longer had the basic chicken soft taco, but some fancier version), and a turkey breast sub at Subway. I usually get that on wheat bread with mayo, lettuce, pickles, olives and American cheese. At McDonald's I used to get two cheeseburgers a lot, but the last few business trips I've taken where I had to eat there in the airport, I got the Filet o' fish instead.

Stopped by the deli across the street to pick up a sammich. Was good except for the surprise artichoke in there... I was contemplating some McDonalds but was watching me weight.

burger kings over here have got really lame. last few places i tried everything was tiny. dry and flavourless. i used to love their spicy beanburger but now it's like a piece of fried dirt. economic recession or not there's no excuse for bad food.

I never used to have a major preference, I tried to sample a little of everything, but lately they've made the choices easier. I think my fast food hierarchy goes something like this:

Tier 1:
    Carl's Jr.
    In-n-Out Burger

Tier 2:
    Subway
    Jack in the Box
    Arby's
    Foster's Freeze
    Hot Dog on a Stick*
    Baja Fresh

Tier 3:
    Del Taco
    Panda Express
    El Pollo Loco
    Popeye's Chicken*
    Rally's*
    Papa John's (this is more about my sister than me, as it's near her house)

Tier 4:
    KFC
    Taco Bell
    McDonalds
    Pizza Hut
    Fatburger*
    Original Tommy's* (their fries and non-chili food is tier-2 )

Tier 5:
    Wendy's
    Burger King

* - chains I don't frequent that much anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I never used to have a major preference, I tried to sample a little of everything, but lately they've made the choices easier. I think my fast food hierarchy goes something like this:

Tier 1:
    Carl's Jr.
    In-n-Out Burger

Tier 2:
    Subway
    Jack in the Box
    Arby's
    [b]Foster's Freeze
    Hot Dog on a Stick*
    Baja Fresh[b]

Tier 3:
    Del Taco
    Panda Express
    El Pollo Loco
    Popeye's Chicken*
    Rally's*
    Papa John's (this is more about my sister than me, as it's near her house)

Tier 4:
    KFC
    Taco Bell
    McDonalds
    Pizza Hut
    Fatburger*
    Original Tommy's*
    (their fries and non-chili food is tier-2 )[

Tier 5:
    Wendy's
    Burger King

* - chains I don't frequent that much anymore.
    The ones I highlighted in bold we don't have here. Some of them are elsewhere in Washington, but not close to me. Of the rest, I haven't eaten at Panda Express or Popeye's. The latter is kind of new. I think I ate at one in an airport, but I got a chef's salad or something. I've never ordered from Papa John's, but I think I've had some at work.

Since I moved out of my parents' house and bought my own place 5 years ago, I've only ordered pizza twice (Domino's), and only eaten out on my own a few times. Usually Subway or Taco Bell. I've eaten at the Old Country Buffet, though usually that is with family on Father's or Mother's Day or something. There have been a few times where our department at work got together for dinner for someone's birthday or a going away dinner for someone leaving the company. Business trips are about the only time I go out to eat. Olive Garden is the one we have eaten at the most, but not so much this year. My trips were shorter this year, so I only had one night to eat out, and ate at the airport on the travel days.

For quite a while at work, someone was taking orders for a weekly run to Robek's. I didn't participate except when my boss was buying for our department, but I do like the smoothies. I had a couple of gift cards and finally went there myself several months ago and got a smoothie and a wrap. It was pretty good, but also pretty pricey. I think it was $11. At least it's a lot healthier than most fast food.

I had a chicken sandwich and fries at Chick-Fil-A.

It was AMAZING.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"