Page 44 of 180 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    I am having a Micro Wave Sweet and Sour Chicken Meal and a Cup of Coffee, its crap being ill.
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

I've actually been packing my lunch for about a week now... and I'm amazed at how much money I've been saving. I kept putting it off because I didn't want to get up earlier to actually prepare it but I think I might get addicted to it.

Just a simple sandwich - bread, mayo, cheese, and meat. Haha its a lame sandwich but I want to be more adventurous eventually.
    I'm...Darth...Nihilus.

Had a chicken breast/cheese/mayo sandwich, chips, and Kool-Aid.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNihilus View Post
    I've actually been packing my lunch for about a week now... and I'm amazed at how much money I've been saving. I kept putting it off because I didn't want to get up earlier to actually prepare it but I think I might get addicted to it.

Just a simple sandwich - bread, mayo, cheese, and meat. Haha its a lame sandwich but I want to be more adventurous eventually.
    That's all you really need for a sandwich. I pretty much have one of the following everyday at work for lunch:

Peanut butter and jam
    Turkey or chicken lunch meat with Miracle Whip and just a little bit of mustard
    Cheese (two Kraft singles) and Miracle Whip
    Peanut butter and banana
    Peanut butter and pickle

My mom has a bread machine and has always made her own jam. So, she will bring me the bread, along with some PB&J sandwiches already made. I'll put them in the freezer. So, if I have the PB&J, it doesn't take me any time at all to make one in the morning. So, if I have plenty of time in the morning, I make sure I make my sandwich that morning, because the next day I might be running a bit behind schedule and won't have time to make one.

Today, the head of our department bought us lunch from a Thai food place since it was her birthday. I had chicken fried rice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNihilus View Post

Oh no! Don't do it. Consistency is the best!

Here's my average breakdown, every two weeks:
    - loaf of bread ($2-3)
    - lunch meat ($1.50-$3)
    - light mayo (buy it once at $2.50, it lasts for months in the 'fridge)
    - bananas ($2)
    - water (free! )
    - every so often, "change" to PB&J (already bought these, of course)

So, dividing the high averages by 2, I spend just over $4 a week on lunch. I can save up for a crappy SW figure if I wish!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Geez, ever heard of vegetables?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Geez, ever heard of vegetables?
    Vegetables are dinner food. I admit I haven't been eating as many fruits and vegetables as I should be since I've been living alone. That chicken fried rice had broccoli, tomatoes and onions in it though. That was a bigger lunch than I am used to, so dinner was just a chicken pot pie from Costco. I did have a banana with my ice cream for dessert. Then I munched on some Cinnamon Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal.

I munched on some pink taco the other day. It was delicious!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Nice.

I'm having a Mama Cass special on whole wheat with Jarlsberg cheese and a lentil and carrot salad.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Had some mozzarella sticks for lunch this morning....since I got to work at 3am....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!