Page 129 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1928
    Today it was Trader Joe's Wonton Soup, very tasty and fresh for a frozen soup bowl. I cooked it a little longer than usual to get the vegetables a little less crisp than usual, crisp vegetables in soup has been too weird for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    crisp vegetables in soup has been too weird for me.
    Yeah, I prefer crisp vegetables on a plate or in stir-fry, but in soups and stews? Not really... no.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

That's a weird thing, isn't it? I quite like cooked vegetables that are crisp but yeah, not in soups. I guess it's about mouthfeel.

Now this talk of soup is making me think of having more soup today, possibly the T Joe's Kao Soi or... oh man, all my soup comes from Trader Joe's! So either that or T Joe's Creamy Corn & Roasted Red Pepper soup. Good thing I didn't pick up their frozen Beef Pho or I'd be insane now with Trader Joes soups (their Beef Pho is good but a bit much with mint and sweet herbs for my daily tastes).

I'm going to go with the corn, I'll put frozen corn in it too, basically pulling the trigger because it's A) different and B) about to go bad.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I made 2 boneheaded moves, I went with mixed vegetables in the soup instead of corn, and I put in a little garlic salsa thinking that since it's good with bruschetta that it'd be good with salsa: wrong.

But at least the vegetables weren't too crisp.

Leftovers: rice and peas. Water wasn't a leftover, though.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Technically none, as I had a late breakfast with a free bacon burrito coupon. Ate no food (aside from water at drinking fountains) from about 11am-4pm.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Maybe Chipotle, which for me will be a steak burrito - steak, lime rice, half pinto beans / half vegetables, corn salsa, medium salsa, a little sour cream and shredded cheese, and lettuce. Yes, it's another barely-closeable!