Page 134 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1942
    After picking up a non-fat yogurt swirl dessert from Costco, I used my free Oporto BBQ chicken single coupon. While waiting in the drive-thru, what band was playing on the radio, waiting for my done-dirt-cheap lunch? AC/DC, 'mate.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Lunch today at the cafeteria was chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and gravy. :drool:

I had a bowl of sanukiya soba for lunch today... and a Coke Zero.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Mmmmmm......soba! Noodlelicious!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Oh, it was... it was!

Today was free pizza provided by the company. Very nice...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Leff tover fried chicken, cole slaw, water.

JT, is that Trader Joe's pho any good? I love pho, but there's nowhere nearby to get it. (Okay, there is one place, which was quite good for a few weeks after they opened, then rapidly became the worst Vietnamese restaurant I've ever tried by a wide margin.) Sure, I could make it (or Mrs. Chux could make it better than I could), but it's rather time-consuming. I've been a bit wary of the "instant" variety.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, is that Trader Joe's pho any good? I love pho, but there's nowhere nearby to get it. (Okay, there is one place, which was quite good for a few weeks after they opened, then rapidly became the worst Vietnamese restaurant I've ever tried by a wide margin.) Sure, I could make it (or Mrs. Chux could make it better than I could), but it's rather time-consuming. I've been a bit wary of the "instant" variety.
    I can't speak to the authenticity as I've never had any other, but the taste is quite good and has a good blend of character, the quality is very good for the price, it's easy to prepare, and from what I've read the only thing it's not entirely accurate on is the amount of cooking the beef strips got before they were frozen (I gather in authentic pho they're supposed to be quite rare, these are very tender and flavorful but they're cooked through). The noodles seem like the right ones, and the flavor has that curious almost-sweetness to it from the herbs that makes it unique. I'd recommend it no doubt though, it's not like some crappy store-bought national brand thing you'd get at Vons, it's definitely well above that quality.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No lunch today but.....Tahoe Joe's for dinner!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos of the 10/24/2010 world View Post
    Dairy Queen has the 4-piece chicken strips basket meal (add a drink for $.99) back. Loooooove that country gravy (they gave me TWO cups worth ).
    Commericals on the teevee for Dairy Queen's $3.99 Chicken Basket (with the necessary country gravy) meal made me seek out the closest Brazier DQ restaurant. And a nice medium hot fudge sundae to go. :bliss: