Page 149 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1871
    If you get a chance, buy some Hatch chiles, holy crap do they make the best bread, for a while Trader Joes was carrying an artisan bread from Hatch, New Mexico every season, and that was so much better than any other chile pepper bread I've ever had, there was more heat and nuance and personality in those hatch chiles than I could imagine for a simple pepper.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll ask her to try those (she makes bread--I suck at it). Her recipe actually calls for canned pickled jalapeno slices, but I'm sure it could be adapted to work with fresh ones.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Leftover spaghetti...fried. Why fried? Our microwave died about two weeks ago. Back to retro-heating methods I grew up with as a kid (my folks never invested in a microwave). Might be able to pick up a new one after the shock of paying out of state tuition wears off (slightly).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Re-heated pork & beans and used them as a dip for tortilla chips. Not bad, actually. Water to drink, a mini Butterfinger for dessert.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Today was a korean bibimbap bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'll ask her to try those (she makes bread--I suck at it). Her recipe actually calls for canned pickled jalapeno slices, but I'm sure it could be adapted to work with fresh ones.
    Fresh jalapeno slices don't really taste the same as pickled, they have a lot more heat but less direct flavor because there's less saltiness carrying them forward. I don't know if hatch chiles are pickled or not, I only know they're DELICIOUS.

BTW, there's apparently a brand named Hatch Farms, I have no idea if they're from Hatch, NM, or if they are as good as the ones I had, but LMK if you guys end up using them and how they are.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No lunch today; late big breakfast of a breakfast burrito, some biscuit & gravy shared.

Bought lunch at school today, since it's the return of chicken (it was baked, not fried, though), mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans. Nice.

Home-crafted pizza:

Mushrooms + Costco cheese + Ragu pizza sauce + Boboli pizza crust = lunch.

With BCJ's favorite beverage: H2O.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Home-crafted pizza:

Mushrooms + Costco cheese + Ragu pizza sauce + Boboli pizza crust = lunch.

With BCJ's favorite beverage: H2O.
    For dinner I had spaghetti with some Ragu sauce and a Kraft single from a package I bought at Costco.