Page 150 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1926
    Made it a late lunch at Olive Garden. Why? Let me count the ways...
    1. there are two nearby, and the nearer restaurant is notorious for long waits for dinner
    2. I had a coupon
    3. I also had an expiring-soon gift card to there, with some money left on it
    4. I was jonesing for their Mixed Grill meal (skewered steak and chicken, with peppers/onions/veggies, potatoes)
    5. free breadsticks and salad, of course
    6. free water! (my favorite beverage? )
    7. apparently, I wanted screaming children to seranade my meal, as well as their computers to crash temporarily

And so I did.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Today I'm taking my mom to Souplantation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had my (yum?) PB&J and banana all ready to eat, then I saw a co-worker with mashed potstoes, country gravy, and creamed corn. Let's just say, I now have my lunch already made for tomorrow. Them's was good eatin's.

Originally, it was just a PBJ and water. But when Chicken McNuggets were brought home, well, you can't say no to such high quality food, can you? With BBQ dipping sauce, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Originally, it was just a PBJ and water.
    A racist lunch?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1874905.html
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I am thinking a BBQ chicken hot pocket and a salad today for late lunch, gonna try to get in a swim first, if the weather can make up its mind between a nice cool day and a nice warm day. Supposed to be low 80s but currently feels like low 70s (says high 70s but I'm not buying that).

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    That is f'ing stupid, it's just food, it's common and kids like it. Bread is bread, if you want your bread as a pita or a torta or muufo or whatever else that's fine but if there's PB and J in between 2 pieces of it then it's a friggin' PB&J sandwich in this society. I grew up on both sides of the tracks and everybody likes PB&J regardless of race or financial standing. It has nothing to do with race, nothing to do with "white privilege" or anything else, the only problem that could arise is if students can't afford peanut butter - it's gotten a bit expensive in the last few years due to inflation and some troubles with peanut crops - but generally white bread and jelly/jam can be had very inexpensively, and since peanut butter goes a long way you'll find it in the poorest households (usually the discount kind that has a lot of fillers in it). It's also not expressed at all, they just make an idiotic broad claim and back it up with unrelated mumbo jumbo because they can't actually back up their claim. I'm a card-carrying liberal but that sort of stuff they're pulling there makes me want to smack the crap out of them, it's an idiotic distraction from real problems and it's insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    I'm having amoxicillin
    Ugh, that sucks, are you on a probiotic like yogurt to help with intestinal side-effects? That's the combo they had my grandpa on recently.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Chicken with wild rice soup along with a Dr. Pepper and some mixed fruit and yogurt.

Two Little Caesar's pepperoni slices, some Crazy Bread, water.