Made it a late lunch at Olive Garden. Why? Let me count the ways...
1. there are two nearby, and the nearer restaurant is notorious for long waits for dinner
2. I had a coupon
3. I also had an expiring-soon gift card to there, with some money left on it
4. I was jonesing for their Mixed Grill meal (skewered steak and chicken, with peppers/onions/veggies, potatoes)
5. free breadsticks and salad, of course
6. free water! (my favorite beverage? )
7. apparently, I wanted screaming children to seranade my meal, as well as their computers to crash temporarily
And so I did.